TOM is coming!

Options
I was just curious about others... you see I tend to loose the most weight during the week right before TOM arrives but then stay the same or gain when TOM is here. Anyone else have the same frustration?

Replies

• fergy66
    Options
    I do. But there really isn't much we can do about it. I just keep doing the same thing that I have been and hope that it will show up on the scale at some point.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    uuggghhh!!!! tell me about it I usually gain about four pounds, and I am hungry all the time!
  • Charli666
    Options
    i find a week previous i get soooooooooo hungry, and during i get really bloated, so i dont weigh myself for that time, otherwise i get depressed and eat more!
  • mandykasase
    Options
    silly question but, is TOM the American version of our British Aunt FLO?
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yes, time of the month:wink:
  • mandykasase
    Options
    ok, thanks. I'm the same but i tend to gain more than stay the same.
  • Shari2
    Options
    I follow this same pattern- i am in a rut right now and cant seem to get past the numbers on the scale so i just joined this site- looking for motivation - I have been on the Advocare program and actually it seems i gained weight!!
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I gain 5-10 lbs but then lose it right after...ugh!! Very annoying!
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    No matter what diet or healthy eating I've done, I've always either stayed the same, or go up! If you've joined in the Starting Janurary 2011 thread, you'll see I've had a big moan about it this month! Lol The worst thing is the hunger before hand and sticking to healthy eating. As soon as its my TOM, I accept my weight may be drastic and as long as I stick to things, I usually get a decent drop in weight when it's passed. I still write down my weight, so I can actually see the mountain peaks on my chart when it was my TOM! :o)
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    I don't lose anything during TOM but I don't usually gain anymore either. I certainly did before I counted calories though. It doesn't furstrate me to be honest because I just acknowledge that that is how my body works. I always start losing again after TOM is done.
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    silly question but, is TOM the American version of our British Aunt FLO?
    Whether Uncle TOM or Aunt FLO are both a pain when they come to visit. **grin**
  • kbray003
    Options
    I think it has something to do with water retention???? I'm not sure....
  • Gallen88
    Gallen88 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I eat everything in sight