I need some HELP from some 1200 cal a day pals

Options
Can we become a 1200 cal pal?:flowerforyou: Please add me.... I need some gal pals with similar cal goals, to rummage thru your food diary, so I can see how/what others are eating to stay within their calorie limits :drinker: ..... Because honestly I am so jealous :noway: when I look thru my other pals who are allotted higher cals!!!!!!! LOL, but im serious (smiling).

HELLLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!)))))))))) Add me please.

Replies

• MaryDreamer
    Options
    I'm at 1310. I'll add you. The trick is to burn calories exercising so you can gain more calories
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 and I know the feeling!!! :frown:
  • maffydavison
    maffydavison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Can we become a 1200 cal pal?:flowerforyou: Please add me.... I need some gal pals with similar cal goals, to rummage thru your food diary, so I can see how/what others are eating to stay within their calorie limits :drinker: ..... Because honestly I am so jealous :noway: when I look thru my other pals who are allotted higher cals!!!!!!! LOL, but im serious (smiling).

My diary is open, and I'd love another MFP friend! We're all here to support each other. NOTE: I sometimes mess up, so some days I'm not good, but there are some good days on there, too. I log everything, even when I screw up. Weigh in Friday, and I promised I'd log it whether it went up or down or stayed the same, so I am hoping that I was more good than bad of late...

I eat small meals all day so that I'm seldom hungry. Some nights - especially if my husband opens a bottle of wine for dinner - I have a harder time than others, and my interview for a new job put me under more stress than normal - eek! But, my normal routine is to eat something every few hours to keep my metabolism working hard and keep me feeling full.

:)
    ~Maffy
  • tmkirk01
    Options
    I'll add you. I try to stay under 1200 a day. You just have to make smart food choices. I tend to have a 200 cal breakfast, than a 100 call snack, a 200-300 cal lunch, a 100 cal snack and the remaining cals for dinner. It is not always easy but it is do-able.
  • Trozendaal
    Options
    I am just starting and am on a 1200 a day also. Need help, because although these first few days have been great, I know I will soon struggle with my will power. Need to learn to spread it out, and eat healthy foods!
  • mcarpe52797
    Options
    My diary is open, you can take a look and add me as your friend! I feel your pain too. I would like to have a little more variety and try to change it up a bit, but it's a challenge on 1200 calories.
  • jessicavsjessica
    Options
    i'm at 1200 and happy to add you & compare diaries :o)

I tend to graze throughout the day on small nibbles and then have a big meal in the evening.

I enjoy take away or a meal out once a week, and I do drink although I limit my alcohol intake to the weekends. I work out every day apart from Sundays. I usually eat my extra exercise calories, although i've seen mixed messages on MFP about this.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I was at 1200 a day, lost weight, changed my goal to maintain, which increased my calories. Then I gained some of the weight back, so I have changed my goal back to 1200/ day. I would love some 1200 cal a day pals. Please friend me if interested in sharing diaries. Mine is def not perfect everday, but we can get different food ideas off of each others diaries. (also exercise ideas)! thanks
  • jessicavsjessica
    Options
    OMG just looked through my food diary! I *thought* i had done really well at limiting my booze to the weekends but looking through my diary i realise how much i drink! I am a lush!
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Pick me! I'm a 1200 gal!

I struggled with it, at first, but now, with healthier choices, I struggle to fill in the calories. (I find planning what I'm gonna eat, at the start of the day, helps. Because you can factor in a little treat - I always add in a row of chocolate. Nom!) Like today, I've filled in all my meals, and I've still got almost 500 calories to go! (I cut out a few things I'd decided to have, because it took my sodium up high, and I try to keep sodium down.)
  • yvettenicole21
    yvettenicole21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    is it ok to add all of you! lol im need some ideas for 1200/day as well...
  • brity77
    Options
    I try to stay around 1,200 calories.. Wouldn't say that my choices are necessarily what health nuts would eat.. I still have my goodies and what not here and there, but with my exercise I usually net around 1,200 (minus the days that I completely blow it, haha.) I would love to compare with other people!!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new and thought I was doing okay keeping around 1200 (apart from some complete drunken blowouts) until someone pointed out I was deluding myself, so now I'm hunting for ideas too!!

I tend to cook everything from scratch and don't do processed stuff- which actually makes it easier to have a more varied diet.

I have come to the conclusion that the only real way to get by on 1200 cals is to do more exercise!!!

I'll add you!! and others too
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200, rummage away through my diary. Rare days I go over, or sometimes excersise, but otherwise I mostly have 1200 without excersise. Cous Cous and Wraps have been the biggest help in keeping meal sizes big. I tend to save most of my calories to the evening, as that's when I'm likely to eat the most. Oh and look at my snacks if you're stuck on ways to treat yourself, or keep full between meals. I hope that helps.
  • alygoo615
    alygoo615 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sparking wine at 200 cals for the whole bottle?! Where can I buy?!

I also do 1200 cals a day- I don't include the little exercise I do everyday which consists of crunches, leg lifts, and pushups. I try to get cardio in as often as I can, but was much better at that about a month ago. I am hoping to restart my C25K training...

Lost 30 lbs before joining MFP and am hoping to lose about 15 more. I'm 5'5" and my last official weigh-in was 150lbs although this morning I was 148.6 :) Skeptical to record that officially since I had a really light day yesterday (not planned).
  • barberella
    Options
    I honestly thought that 1200 was absolutely unachieveble. But I have proved myself wrong, and you can do the same. I'll admit..some days I do go over but it's usually attributed to those days I indulge in some cocktails, not food related. Drinking water and 6 days of exercise have been the key. Also, chosing the right foods keep my appetite at bay. Feel free to view my diary..Just keep in mind, I am no model. I'm just doing what has worked for me!
  • Xelisharose
    Options
    add me!!! However, I'm not sure how to make my food diary public. I'm 1200 a day
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options

You can add me. My dairy is public so you could view it anyway. Don't look at yesterday. It was a bad example. I didn't go over, but I did have pizza hut.
  • kristimartiny
    Options
    add me...no problem...always nice to get food ideas....look back before last Friday since I went to Vegas this past weekend and didn't log anything from Friday afternoon to Monday night. :)
  • NuclearGirl
    Options
    I'd love to be your 1200 cal pal! :smile: