lean ground beef recipes

Options
I have to cook dinner for 4 tonight and I picked the lean ground beef. What are some healthy recipes I can make to keep me healthy and make them happy?

Replies

• mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    How about tacos/burritos or taco salads. Lots of lettuce and tomatoes, even pepper and onions (raw or cooked). Or they can have tacos/burritos and you can go with the salad, I use low fat sour cream (or fat free) mixed with salsa as a dressing. Add cheese, olives, hot peppers etc.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'll be watching because I need all the recipe help I can get!
  • Katysleftin
    Options
    Whole grain spaghetti & meatballs or chili
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I make a homemade version hamburger helper.

I first start off by browning the meat, and then removing it. Then, after I clean down the pan, sautee some garlic and onions in some olive oil. Add green peppers, red peppers, celery. You might want to add some spices (salt and pepper of course!) such as paprika or chili powder. Next, take a can of tomatoes (or 2, depending on how tomato-y you want it). Let all that simmer, maybe season a bit more with some thyme or basil. Then, add the beef back in. Meanwhile, cook some elbow macaroni, drain it, and add it to the mixture.

Depending on how much time you have, you can make a meatloaf too. I just add a can of tomato paste, an egg, breadcrumbs, seasoning, onion, garlic and mix it all together so it binds. Pop it in a loaf pan, cook until it's done, and you are all set!

You can also make a homemade meat spaghetti sauce if you like. Just do the same thing I mentioned above for the hamburger helper spin-off and add pasta sauce and let simmer. This is a great way to hide as many veggies as you can possibly think of in your sauce.

Hope this helped!
  • jamebugg
    jamebugg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I'm making a casserole thing I tried the other week:

ground turkey (beef would work too)
    spaghett squash
    spinach
    jar of pasta sauce (I try to find one with low sugar content)
    1/4 cup of part-skim ricotta
    Mozzarella to sprinkle on top

It was soooo good and really pretty healthy! :smile: