Glad we found this site

Options
After we got married 1 1/2 years ago, I noticed I kept gaining weight. Sigh! From single girl microwaving to married girl country cooking, I guess. My doctor noticed the change and suggested I count calories to see where the numbers are coming from. This was the best site I could possibly have found! Not only is it a calorie counter, a fitness diary, a great forum with knowledgeable new friends, but it is FREE! I told my doctor about it and she is recommending it to her patients. I have a lot to learn and I need to squelch my bad attitudes about my "entitlements". :ohwell:

Replies

• newlywedbeth
    Options
    After we got married 1 1/2 years ago, I noticed I kept gaining weight. Sigh! From single girl microwaving to married girl country cooking, I guess. My doctor noticed the change and suggested I count calories to see where the numbers are coming from. This was the best site I could possibly have found! Not only is it a calorie counter, a fitness diary, a great forum with knowledgeable new friends, but it is FREE! I told my doctor about it and she is recommending it to her patients. I have a lot to learn and I need to squelch my bad attitudes about my "entitlements". :ohwell:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    welcome:flowerforyou:
    this is a great site. Before I started here, I had no idea that what I was eating had that many calories in it, and also didn't realize the actual serving sizes of most things. While I was eating pretty healthy foods, I had the wrong sizes. Once I realized where the calories are coming from it was easy for me to adjust and lose weight.
    good luck :smile:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Good luck to you this is a great site
  • AmyJ
    AmyJ Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome....You really don't know how much you are actually eating until you journal everything that goes into your mouth. For me it was a real eye opener..
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome....You really don't know how much you are actually eating until you journal everything that goes into your mouth. For me it was a real eye opener..

Yup, that's what I tell everyone too, seeing everything that goes into our mouths is SUCH an eye opener!
  • lascolaj514
    lascolaj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is a great site. I have my daughter and a friend using it too. I hope you are successful with your goals.
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Welcome Aboard, I LOVE this site... Best Wishes :flowerforyou:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Wow! Totally can relate to you. Met my hubby in 1993... Got married, had a baby, built a home on our new farm, had another baby and Oh My Goodness! *sigh* Wow, looked down and was totally shocked.

Farm food is completely different than other foods. Richer, it is a customary way of eating that packed on the pounds for me.. I, too, love it here - friendly people and a great food log too... Awesome!

NICE TO MEET YOU!