anyone else experiencing this??

Options
Hi all
i was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing what i am at the min!!
through my time at myfitnesspal and other weight loss aids i have lost in total 33lbs which i am really happy with but i just don't think i look any different and have only gone down 1 dress size (size 14 in the UK)
this is really starting to annoy me and i'm starting to think the scales are wrong etc, and doubt myself. is anyone else experiencing this, or does anyone have any advice. i'd really appreciate any feed back

thanx. xx

Replies

• chefchazz
    Options
    i was a size 22. lost 62lbs and wore a size 16-18!! youd think i would be in a 12 but nope. i looked thinner but only went down 2 sizes. no worries though.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Other than monitoring your calorie intake are you exercising as well?
  • snrose
    snrose Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've lost 36lbs and i've only gone down 1 size. :) Its frustrating but I know my day will come with it starts dropping off the hips and thighs!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    i was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing what i am at the min!!
    through my time at myfitnesspal and other weight loss aids i have lost in total 33lbs which i am really happy with but i just don't think i look any different and have only gone down 1 dress size (size 14 in the UK)
    this is really starting to annoy me and i'm starting to think the scales are wrong etc, and doubt myself. is anyone else experiencing this, or does anyone have any advice. i'd really appreciate any feed back

thanx. xx

It takes a very long time for your head to catch up with your body, in my experience. Our mental image of ourselves tends to take quite awhile to change.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Girl, let me tell you! :tongue:
    I lost 88 lbs in 2008 and only went from a size 24 to a tight size 16. Sometimes our bodies just do weird things! It will all work out in the end. Just keep at it! :wink:

Also, larger sizes are more stretchy and forgiving so a stretchy 18 could be worn for several sizes up and down from that!
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i've lost 35 and people are just starting to even notice. i am still in the same clothes granted they are big but i can still wear them. yes its frustrating but i aint stopping until i get a new wardrobe... lolol...
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I've lost 65 lbs and gone from a size 18 (22 UK) and now I'm only in a size 12 (Size 16 UK). I know someone else who lost 50lbs and went from a size 18 to a size 8. Some people just shrink in different places I guess. Are you tall?
  • teacher4380
    Options
    It would also depend on how you were wearing your clothes...when I put on some weight earlier this year with stress and such, I refused to go out of my 1X clothes and decided I would "wear them fat" to prove to myself that I wasn't going backwards...I am slowly looking nicer & nicer in my 1X clothes now...but understand that I was a 4X/5X (30/32) just over 2.5 years ago and I don't want to go any larger in my size 1X ever again!!! Keep up the good work. Also, different brands are cut differently!!! A 14 in one style/brand could be a 12 in another style/brand and a 16/18 in a totally different brand/style!!! Keep going!!! It will show to you one day!!! Keep the faith!!! Keep us posted!!!
  • jugsy
    jugsy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanx everyone for the input. my OH says its all in my head but i'm not sure! i am still carrying on though. its a way of life now to eat better and make better choices that snot to say i don't go over my cals every now and then, but i always get back on the next day.
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yep. That would be me too. I have lost about 22lbs and only went down 1 maybe 2 sizes. No one even notices that I have lost weight. Lol. A little frustrating but oh well. I just keep on telling myself that I am doing this for myself and eventually others will notice too.
  • jugsy
    jugsy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thats the strange think lots of people say i'm looking better and they notice the change. i think its just me that can't tell and i'm not worried about what others think just how i see myself!! oh well i'm sure another 14lbs will make the difference. xx