Motivation to exercise NEEDED!

Options
Between trying to balance work and day to day stuff I'm finding it difficult to find the time to exercise. Is it necessary to exercise EVERYDAY? Help!

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Nope. In fact it's not necessary to exercise at all unless you are having trouble stayin within your cals.

Otherwise its just an added health benefit.

That being said- if you want to workout- 1)pick workouts you LIKE, physical activity should be FUN!!! 2) make a schedule. Knowing a head of time that you plan a workout for x amount of time on a certain day will let you fit it into your busy schedule.
  • Awineburg
    Options
    I do it 3x a week. Not everyday, you can exercise with actually exercising. like taking the stairs instead of the elevator. or by parking further away from work/ store and forcing your self to walk farther. While brushing your teeth do lunges or something like that. Its worth a try :)
  • Jbonar
    Jbonar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight without exercising but there are so many other benefits to it.
    Improves your heart and lung function
    Improves your quality of sleep
    Relieves stress

I'm others will add more. Even if you can work at squeezing in a 10 minute walk, it's better than nothing. Once you make exercise part of your daily routine. I get being pressed for time. I have a husband, house, 2 kids, full-time job, and other interests, but I always MAKE 30-60+ minutes a day for my workout. You don't have to exercise everyday, especially if you are just starting out. I would shoot for 3-5 days.
  • sicembears
    sicembears Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've heard 30 minutes 5x/week for your health is minimum to maintain your health.
  • kjsmith567
    Options
    What motivates you shopping/outdoors? I would find out what you enjoy most and incorporate exercise. For instance I love music so I put together the best play list I can then jump on the treadmill or go walking outside and before I know it I have walked for an hour enjoying the my playlist and the view.

I also find that having a positive workout buddy or a partner helps to motivate. Plus you always have us here on MFP!