HELP!!!!

Options
My husband leaves on Sunday he will be working away for 6 months I will be seeing him most weekends but I'm worried without him there to support me I'm going to slip back into my old habits I've noticed over the last week that some of my old vices are creeping back in because "I had the calories" or "I earnt it". I have always been an emotional eater and I also eat when I'm bored. I want him to come home at the end of the week and notice the changes in my body, I want him to be proud of what I can achieve and I want to be proud of myself.
How am I going to stick with it while he's away ideas please?

Replies

• LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What keeps me going is how I will look at my 15yr olds bday party in May!

Think of the weekends, when he's coming, he's proud of you right now, imagine how proud he'll be when you have done sooooo awesome in a week! You can do it!! Always look at the big picture!

Keep me posted! You'll do great! :)
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    use this opportunity to experiment with some lo cal healthy recipes... threefatchicksonadiet.com has some really good ones and there are a ton of them on here....be creative and try new things.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Find a friend to be accountable to you about it...Plus...your husband will notice the differences since he won't see you as often....think about that....
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Earn weekend stuff with him. :) Work out all week so on the weekend you and your loving man can do/eat fun stuff. :) Everytime you go to grab something then take away something for the weekend. I'm sure you'll save it up to share with him. He'll notice that smiling loving face everytime.
  • maffydavison
    maffydavison Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with a husband who is often away for work. It's harder some times than others.
    Here's what I did. First thing was to build up a 'tool box' of non-food treats that I could use instead of food when I'm bored or tired or just feeling like 'one cheat won't matter'. Looks like you have a small child, so I wouldn't think boredom would be possible. In fact, it amazes me that mothers aren't emaciated from running around after their little ones all day! Anyway, here are some of the things from my 'tool box'. These are just the things that work for me. You'll find other things that make you feel cozy.

The first thing I do is turn the light out in the kitchen - dinner is over, and there's no reason for me to go back in there until morning. Then I may choose from one of the following:

1) bubble bath -- if there's time, I include a mask or pedicure in there, too, but I seldom have that much time. I just want to get upstairs away from the kitchen so that I am not looking there for comfort
    2) chick flick and flavored tea -- now by 'chick flick' I mean movies that I love that my husband may or may not like. I'm a Star Trek freak, so the new movie is one of my 'get my mind off my problems' movies. I just love it. Bigelow makes a tea called 'Egg Noggin' that they sell during the holidays, and it's a no-cal treat that reminds me of the holiday time.
    3) check in with my girl friends -- my friends all have children, so they spend their days driving around town to dance lessons, and play rehearsals, etc. so finding time to get together is hard. However, there's usually time to chat on the phone or IM and catch up.
    4) play a relaxing yoga DVD - not the high-exercise ones, but the stretching/relaxation ones and let myself appreciate the flexibility and healthiness I am feeling in my own body - a little better each day, even with a ways to go.

Before I know it, it's time for bed with my favorite book and I've avoided the kitchen after dinner and am ready to complete my log and call it a night.

You can always friend me and I'd be happy to listen if you need a sounding board when you're home and feel tempted to go off your plan (or if you just want another MFP friend). :)

Be strong! You can do it!
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    thank you for the info guys I love the idea about the "tool box" and think it would be great to earn a family meal out on a sat when hubby is home My fav restaurant does loads of healthy meals so I wouldn't be having a day off but a nice treat and I would rather enjoy the treats with him as opposed to on my own x
  • daffysbird
    Options
    Just remember the most important things huni and that is why your doing this ( and this time looking good on my wedding day is not important) your doing this for you and for gorgeous boy and I know your husband is immensely proud of you already and will continue to be proud. I will be there to support you and we can do lots together in the week when he is away and I am always on the end of the phone if you need to talk or want someone to distract you. Also, I know it probably doesn't mean much but I am really proud of you as well x