dinner with friends

Options
So last Saturday I went out with some old friends to one of the local bars. Most of the ladies are currently on Weight Watchers and having great success. I am the only one using MFP. I had budgeted in one beer and a desert to my daily intake. I felt a little guilty eating my ice cream sunday. I got more than one glare. I figure it is good to occasionally let yourself have a desert as long as you stay within your calorie daily goal. I have been getting up running almost every morning (weather permitting here in MI) and running 3 miles. I walk during my 45 minute lunch break and I count calories. I have lost 24 lbs in a little over 2 months.

Replies

• ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    fantastic, with all that hard work you deserve a treat and obviously it doesnt hurt your weightloss. Well done :flowerforyou:
  • CalD1983
    CalD1983 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Let them glare! It's your diet and you can do what you like - especially when you know that you're doing it according to YOUR plan. The trick is, I think, managing to have the odd "bad" day and be able to go back to being "strict" again afterwards. I'm sure most people who feel the need to diet will be people who have previously thought that once one "non diet" food has been eaten, then it's not worth getting back on track. I think that this shows that it is easy to get back to the plan.
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That's great! If I can't work in a treat every now and then I will go crazy! It is nice to find a way to fit it in and stay under (something I am still learning after only a couple of weeks on here)
  • sweebeesmom
    Options
    any diet that is so strict that you have to exclude something entirely is doomed to fail in my opinion.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I agree, you must have your favorites included in your 'diet' or you will never be successful. I budget deserts and occasionally a 'pig out' at a favorite restaurant or I would never stick to obtaining my goal.
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    any diet that is so strict that you have to exclude something entirely is doomed to fail in my opinion.

ditto here, the hardest part I find is trying to find calories on some of the smaller restaurants I like to eat at. We have a place called Stoney river here in town that I LOVE, but they have no nutritional value available, ok for most the dinner, but NOT for their chocolate ganache. .. :SIGH: Thankfully we split it between 3-4 of us, and even then we take half of it home, this last time, I split it into three meals and then picked a high calorie one out of the database :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!