GUYS- Anyone done the 30 Day Shred?

Options
I just purchased Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I am planning on starting it March 1st. Have any of you men out there tried it? I have heard a lot of good things about it, but mostly from women. I live with two guys and I was wondering if they would enjoy working out to this dvd with me. What do you think?

Replies

• mislove68
    Options
    My husband does the dvd with me. And he doesnt need to lose any weight.
  • adrienne4791
    Options
    My boyfriend does it with me and loves it! He said it makes him sweat and he feels he gets a great workout. He is a mountain bike rider and he does the 30 Day Shred with me in the winter to get a great core workout. So hope that helps!
  • simplywriting
    Options
    My husband has little time to do much of anything so I thought that he could do the 30 day shred in the morning at least a couple of times a week, while also going to the gym on "off days".
    He has done it three time, and he likes it. He says he however, does not want anyone to see him doing it. :p
    Seriously, I feel his pain.
    I do it three times a week right now and its exhausting!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I bought it and tried it - I'll actually do the whole program one of these days, but I'm more focused on running right now. It's definitely a good workout and I don't think guys should be scared away just because more women tend to use it.
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    they might.. my husband has done it.. and actually he gets tired out too.. so I think they will actually like it
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I just purchased Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I am planning on starting it March 1st. Have any of you men out there tried it? I have heard a lot of good things about it, but mostly from women. I live with two guys and I was wondering if they would enjoy working out to this dvd with me. What do you think?

You could ask them if they want to do the workout with you...
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My husband does it with me.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options

You could ask them if they want to do the workout with you...

Oh yes, I know, I just wanted to be prepared if they whined about it being for girls only, haha ;) I mean, if they don't want to do it then that's fine but I wanted to make sure that the guys out there also agreed that it's a good fitness dvd.

Thanks for the responses! Hopefully they will join me in March :)
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My husband also does it with me. It is a hard workout for him too, but I think that he likes that it's a challenge that promises results in a shorter amount of time.
  • mislove68
    Options
    [/quote]

Oh yes, I know, I just wanted to be prepared if they whined about it being for girls only, haha ;) I mean, if they don't want to do it then that's fine but I wanted to make sure that the guys out there also agreed that it's a good fitness dvd.

[/quote]

Yeah my husband said its really helped with his endurance. Now he is going back to the gym and plays basket ball too. He has also been bugging his brother to do the workout. So I think its great for ANYONE!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Yeah my husband said its really helped with his endurance. Now he is going back to the gym and plays basket ball too. He has also been bugging his brother to do the workout. So I think its great for ANYONE!
    [/quote]

Awesome. That is what I figured, but I just honestly hadn't heard much straight input from the guys. But this solidifies my initial impressions of the 30 DS! I hope they will do the 30DS with me. I think it would be fun! I'm sure I would be embarrassed at first by how weak I am, but it's just going to make it so much more impressive when I strengthen up throughout the month!