Jillian Michaels DVD'S

Options
Ok...so I love the 30 Day Shred! I just bought 2 of her other workout DVD's and OMG!!! They are soo much harder than Shred. Has anyone else tried "No more trouble Zones" and "Banish fat Boost Metabolism"? I feel like I got ahead of myself.....

I have been doing them every other day (rotating) and have noticed a difference in toneness but no weight lose. Anyone else had that problem?

P.S. Don't get me wrong...I love to tone up but I need to lose the weight as well and I have been keeping to my diet as well :) I guess I would feel better if I knew it wasn't just me...

Replies

• in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I LOVE the banish fat boost metabolism.. I LOVE IT
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    the 30 day slimdown incorprates all three of those DVDS (No Trouble Zones, The shred, and Banish fat)

i lovee the banish fat dvd, it is by far my favorite!
    no more trouble zones is the hardest!
  • teramae
    teramae Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I really like the 30DS as well and plan on getting the other 2 videos soon. There is a routine called Jillian Micheals 30 day slimdown, which is mostly the 30DS with the other two DVD's mixed in, I think it would help you gradually incorporate them into your workouts. I found a copy of the schedule by searching it online.
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have both and they are awesome!

The day after the "No More Trouble Zones" DVD.....just hurts! But it's a good pain; you know your muscles were worked. Even the little ones you didn't know you had :-)

"Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" is a great one for days when I don't go to the gym- it has me PrEtTy sweaty at the end!

Both are great and my faves out of all my workout DVD's. Have fun with em!!
  • sharper43
    Options
    I only have her Yoga Meltdown DVD and that kicks my *kitten* enough! lol I can't imagine trying any of the others. lol
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    How long are you working out? Many people combine the levels in 30 Day Shred to create a 40 minute workout. Or they combine it with additional cardio. If you're limiting yourself to 20 minutes, your body may not be burning enough.
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of Sept last fall I started The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout that Jillian did. I combined it with the biggest Loser Cardio Max and BL Power Sculpt. I didn't really change my diet that much though, I thought by keeping my diet the same and exercising I would at least lose a little bit. By Thanksgiving I hadn't lost any weight at all, although I felt stronger. I decided to quit altogether and start trying to lose weight again at New Years. Jan 1 I started MFP and the 30 Day Shred. I lost 10 pounds the first month, but I give most of the credit to watching my diet rather than Jillian.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I 've been doing the No More Trouble Zones and it is my favorite. Bought the Shred after hearing raves about it. I find the Shred more intense for the length of time but feel that NMTZ is a truer test of strength and endurance with it being almost an hour long. I love the way I feel after wards. Gonna have to get the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I know the Shred gives great results but I don't go back to it much feeling I get a better calorie burn. Once I get an HRM to test...I will know which to do more often. Anybody with an HRM out there that can tell which gives a better burn? (hope I'm not hijacking the thread)
  • ErinJ1981
    Options
    Yeah, that Banish Fat one is a killer. I love the kickboxing in it though...
  • adrienne4791
    Options
    How long are you working out? Many people combine the levels in 30 Day Shred to create a 40 minute workout. Or they combine it with additional cardio. If you're limiting yourself to 20 minutes, your body may not be burning enough.

After I do the Shred, I get on my trendmill for a half hour :) So it evens it out with teh other DVD's. They are great workouts and happy to see I'm not alone in the workouts. They are intense! But sooo worth it. Thanks for all the responses!
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ok...so I love the 30 Day Shred! I just bought 2 of her other workout DVD's and OMG!!! They are soo much harder than Shred. Has anyone else tried "No more trouble Zones" and "Banish fat Boost Metabolism"? I feel like I got ahead of myself.....

I have been doing them every other day (rotating) and have noticed a difference in toneness but no weight lose. Anyone else had that problem?

P.S. Don't get me wrong...I love to tone up but I need to lose the weight as well and I have been keeping to my diet as well :) I guess I would feel better if I knew it wasn't just me...

I have NMTZ, 30 day shred, yoga meltdown, and 6 week 6 pack... LOVE them all. I rotate them through all my other workouts: running, kickboxing, pilates, but get the BEST workouts from JM videos!