Operation Beautiful- Plz join me :)

Options
This week is National Eating Disorder Awareness Week 2011. I'm a little late with this post because the week is half way over. Sorry about that. It doesn't really matter anyways, we should be aware 24/7.

I came across this website and I think this is the GEREATEST IDEA EVER!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqOEP40Pmdg&feature=player_embedded

http://operationbeautiful.com/

So, get some post-it notes, write some things like, "You are beautiful, You look fantastic, yadda, yadda...." and leave them on public mirrors. Make a stranger look twice before they judge themselves, make them smile, let them know that someone DOES care even if they can't see them.

Then, if you're feeling froggy, take it a step further and do some reading about eating disorders. By educating yourself you can help us by setting an example from the way we talk about it, removing labels, and knowing how to help someone.

Thank you!

PS. You look AMAZING today!

Replies

• cheangela
    Options
    Also a great thing to put on co-worker's monitors that need a little bit of a pick me up.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I might have to sneak downtown and embellish the windshields of some of the ladies I used to work with! Fun stuff!
  • yesyd
    yesyd Posts: 4
    Options
    It's late in the day but I just posted one in the girls' restroom here at work. Hopefully someone gets a smile from it.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Also a great thing to put on co-worker's monitors that need a little bit of a pick me up.

Last time I did that the people in HR had to have a word with me. :laugh:
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options

Last time I did that the people in HR had to have a word with me. :laugh:

Maybe because you put it in the womens restroom, silly!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    bump. There are so many here that need this.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Someone handed me one of these today outside of the student center or my university - I didn't have time to look it up, but now I know what it was! Thans for the post! I think it's a great project
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Just wanted to remind everyone to look in the mirror today and admit it! You are HOT:smokin:

Have a great day!:smooched:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Bump