Wanting to eat crap...not literally!

ladysvs
ladysvs Posts: 61
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
I've been on here for almost 4 months & my motivation is starting to fade. I want to keep going, but the wanting to eat bad food all the time is starting to take over. Please help!

Replies

• upsy
    upsy Posts: 42
    I feel your pain!
    I reached my goal and happy with my current weight, but now im starting (year latter) to carve for sugary foods, and its taking me over.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    sometimes you have to indulge, just dont go crazy or make it a habit. a little junk here and there wont hurt
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Do you remember how low you felt when you first started? Do you remember how much you struggled? Do you REALLY want to go through that again?

Put yourself in the mindset of how you felt at your lowest. Feel that guilt and shame and hunger for something better. You knew you had it in you.

Now put yourself in the mindset of the person you know you're on your way to becoming. How free does that feel? How in-control and proud?

If you give in now, you will regret it. And I don't have to know you personally to know that you have the strength to stay on track. If I can do it, anyone can. And as a fellow MFP pal, I believe in you!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Totally know where you are coming from. Had this happen to me. I fixed it though and you can too.
    I found myself losing control and messing up and ruining every day. SOOOO, I said screw it.
    I went crazy 1 day and got it out of my system. I ruined 1 day instead of everyday. You know what happened?
    (You Talking) - What Happened?
    It kicked my metabolism into high gear again and the scale started to move again. I did some research and found out
    that you need a cheat meal to get things moving again. Seems your body will get use to all that good clean food and it won't have to work so hard. Kinda like when your muscles get use to that weight and you have to go heavier to get results.
    So I took a day and ate what I want. Now about every 4-6 weeks I go thru this I gotta eat everything I see day. Over the course of
    my program it doesn't hurt. Sure, for a few days the scale goes up a pound or 2 but by the 4th or 5th day I'm down lower.
  • KellieR56
    KellieR56 Posts: 135 Member
    give in to temptations. you'll be ok as long as you exercise and are within your limit!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Staying power is the hardest part of weight loss. I've been at this for 3 years and struggling with my last 20. BUT I will not give up, I don't care how many times I have have to dust myself off and give myself a mental slap - I know what I want: to be healthy for the rest of my life, to grow old to see the kids grow old, and to keep feeling as damn good as I do now. I know what I don't want: to go back to the person who had to give up the job she loved for 14 years because the medical problems got to be so bad, to be told by the doctor again that quite possibly they would have to amputate my legs because they couldn't get the infections in them under control (and btw, I didn't even have diabetes, that was just the result of poor circulation/lymphedema from the weight), not being able to go to the movies or walk to the end of my driveway or feel f'n miserable all the time.

You cannot think of this as a diet. It is something you will be doing for the rest of your life if you want to maintain it after you get where you want to be. Kinda sucks - I think we would all like to say ok I've reached my goal now I can go on my merry way and do what I want. But it doesn't work that way. It takes true commitment and a change of habits. That means sacrificing and ... I guess going through a little torture to get there. That is all a mental thing - get your head wrapped around what it is you want, what it is you are going to do to get there. Try to stay focused on that - write it down every 10 min if you have to on those days you struggle (trust me, I'm doing that today).

Remember, you will have ups and downs but as long as you continue to try and give 1000% you will get there eventually and stay there!!!

Good luck!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Totally know where you are coming from. Had this happen to me. I fixed it though and you can too.
    I found myself losing control and messing up and ruining every day. SOOOO, I said screw it.
    I went crazy 1 day and got it out of my system. I ruined 1 day instead of everyday. You know what happened?
    (You Talking) - What Happened?
    It kicked my metabolism into high gear again and the scale started to move again. I did some research and found out
    that you need a cheat meal to get things moving again. Seems your body will get use to all that good clean food and it won't have to work so hard. Kinda like when your muscles get use to that weight and you have to go heavier to get results.
    So I took a day and ate what I want. Now about every 4-6 weeks I go thru this I gotta eat everything I see day. Over the course of
    my program it doesn't hurt. Sure, for a few days the scale goes up a pound or 2 but by the 4th or 5th day I'm down lower.

I BELIEVE THIS 100% - WORKS FOR ME EVERY TIME. ONE GOOD CHEAT MEAL PER WEEK. THE NEXT DAY OR DAY AFTER, I'M DOWN A POUND OR TWO. AND IT HELPS WITH THOSE CRAVINGS!!
This discussion has been closed.