How does water combat what you eat?

Options
Ok so i will admit, lately, my eating habits aint been even CLOSE to up to par. My birthday was saturday so i have tons of junk in my house and yea.. i been indulging. As a matter of fact, i just at 7 oreos before i came to make this post :laugh: .. its just 1 of those weeks

Anyway, i drink tons of water regardless but when i do eat horrible, tons of people tell me make sure you drink tons of water if your going to indulge. Well my question is, how is all this water combating all this crap?

Replies

• glittersoul
    Options
    It makes you full so you don't eat as much
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    It won't do anything about calories, as far as I know, but most indulgent foods also contain huge amounts of sodium. The large amount of water does apparently help your body eliminate that sodium faster and thus help you not retain water. And as mentioned, it will help you eat less.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
  • hubbardmm
    hubbardmm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i drink lots of water i love water but i havent at school i drink a bottle or so and i always drink water to at
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    It also helps to keep your body functioning at it's best. Your cells need water to perform functions (like breaking down food). The water also helps to flush out any sodium in your body that would cause bloating... it's also a crucial ingredient in combating lactic acid build up in your muscles (the sore feeling when you workout too hard). Water is important to consume- not just to help you feel "full".
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It doesn't do anything for the calories you eat, but drinking extra water when you indulge in certain foods will help flush out toxins and sodium.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Doesn't negate the calories or flush them out but may start filling you up.

You need to get rid of the junk in the house if you can't ignore it.