Newbie calling all mf pals!

Options
Hey everybody! Just signed up yesterday and I already love it. Just need some support from fellow mf pals. I've got 70lbs to lose so it will be quite a journey (especially cuz i can't stop thinking about cupcakes lol). Trying Atkins along with staying under 1200 calories but I'm open to suggestions. Hope to hear from you all soon. :smile:

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of gimmicky fad diets so I can't say anything about Atkins but I'm on my way to losing 100 lbs. (83 lbs,. to go) and my daily calorie limit is also 1200. I thought it would be impossible at first. Turns out, most days, it's a chore to eat ENOUGH!

My biggest issue is making sure I burn my 500/day! This is where I go for motivation!

It's a great community and I think you'll find a lot of great people and wonderful support here.
  • kbray003
    Options
    I would do more research on eating healthy and not try a fad diet. Atkins lost its popularity after people began losing energy, becoming anemic, etc. Atkins will certainly help you get started losing weight, but at some point you should change your lifestyle to focus on just eating healthier. That way, what you eat is more balanced and better over all. Good luck to you!!
  • lirienleigh
    Options
    atkins is the main reason i attribute to my anemia. i was on it a few years ago, and ever since then my anemia is just out of control. the best diet plan in my opinion is none at all. just eat right and eat healthy. that doesnt mean never have a hamburger, or a slice of cake, just learn when to have them and how much to eat of those items. its all portion control. and that is something i have sadly just now learned after gaining over 100lbs in 6months.

anyways. best of luck! and love you kitty pic! so cute ^w^ he reminds me of my two kitties.
  • lisapooh1
    Options
    Good Luck to you! If you need advice, I know from my trainer that you are eating to little calories. An average women needs 1500 calories without exercise, so if your exercising too you need to eat more or you are starving your body and defeating your pupose of losing Just a thought.......
  • FranDuf
    Options
    My issue is portion control. I keep eating even when I've had enough food. Or, I think I'm hungry but really I'm not. Weight Watchers was great for me because it taught me portion control, and I ate real food on it, and a bit of everything. It took me 6 months to lose almost 30 pounds and being on it for this long is what helped me. I have eaten what I am supposed to eat for long enough that good habits have been formed and bad habits are gone. My cravings are also gone.

I have also told myself that what I put in my body is what is going to make me healthy. If I don't have my health, then anything esle I have (family, work, a nice home, etc.) will not matter because I won't be able to enjoy them. When I look at a donught, I tell myself this is bad for me, just like smoking. So why give into it? Because just like smoking, one leads to many more. It's an addiction.

Finally, the last thing I have done while following WW is to eat «whole, real» food. No more prepacked ready to eat boxes, no more manufactured products, no more fast food, no more pop (soda), no more candies or cake or chips, save for the occasional get together ... especailly for me since I have no self control and no fullness factor. It is easier for me to say no than to limit my intake. But that's me.

When my foot injury is healed and the snow and ice has disappeared from our poorly cleared sidewalks, I will return to walking and then purchasing a treadmill for indoor use when the weather is unreasonable, including the return of winter next time around.

This is what has worked for me. I hope this helped!
  • foodie012
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!! That's so great! And Thanks for you support. :smile:
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Well good luck on your new journey and keep us posted on your progress!!!!
  • 2011EP
    2011EP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! This is my second week using mfp and I also love it! The support is amazing :)