Any vegetarians out there trying to diet???

Options
I am desperately trying to shed these last 10lbs but as a long time veggie im finding it impossble. I am only supposed to have 1200 calories a day and I go to bed starving at night. Any other veggies out there? I need some dieting advice. And protein shakes don't cut it either!

Replies

• SKINNYMOMOF5
    SKINNYMOMOF5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    try to fill up on low cal soup!
  • mfergie889
    Options
    Hey there! Eggs, beans, veggie burgers and, oatmeal are my staples. I cant imagine only eating 1200 calories...try power walking in the AM or evening to allow for some more calories!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Check out my food diary...I'm q vegetarian runner and never go hungry!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Can you open your food diary?

I'd like to take a look at what you're eating before I recomend anything.

I'm a lifelong veg and have no issues feeling hungry at nights.

Stick to 'clean' foods if possible....I myself have a down fall for vegan gummies.
  • littlemuffin
    littlemuffin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, i'm not a vegetarian as I eat tuna and bacon :p but whenever i get hungry at the end of the day I eat cereal! Fills me up and its not too bad or I even have a cereal bar! Hope this helps.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I FILL UP ON A 100 CALORIE BAG OF POPCORN AN HOUR OR SO BEFORE BEDTIME. BLOATS ME ENOUGH TO GET ME THRU THE NIGHT!! LOL
  • airbornewife82
    airbornewife82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im not a vegetarian but I think beans would help
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My end of night meal is almond milk warmed up - only 90 cal. for 2 cups. filling and yummy
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    try to fill up on low cal soup!

Soup is SOOOO high in sodium! I am a veggie, and granted I probably don't eat the 100% best, and I try to watch my sodium, but it's really hard sometimes. You are free to look at my diary, granted...may not help too much.

Good luck!