Low scale numbers but still look fat!

Options
I didn't know where to put this topic but I wouldn't mind some kind of support so..

Ok the number on the scales is going down, I slipped up quite a bit last week but it has started to go down now. The only thing is when I look in the mirror or actually look at my tummy it still looks all wobbly and huuge. I know I need to exercise more so I've incorporated that into my lifestyle now, cardio and abdominal crunches. I just don't understand though, is my vision warped or what?

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Just by looking at your profile pic, you sound like you have a distorted body image. You are skinny, and have a perfect body. With a distorted body image though, you see faults in yourself, especially in terms of fat. I would try to get some trusted friends and family member's opinions, and hope you can see yourself they way you truly are.

And...off topic maybe. But...even if you are skinny and healthy, females do tend to have a small belly area. Unless you are underweight, you will have something little there.

Good luck!
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    In who's world do you look fat, you look real skinny to me, almost too skinny, if it is a toning thing, just do excercises to tone, but you definitely dont "still look fat"
  • MelissaLu
    Options
    Let's just say I would love to be as skinny as you. The end. No joke
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I hope this isn't purely an attention seeking thing because you are in no way shape or form fat. It's a bit insensitive going around calling yourself fat when there are so many people on here who do actually need to lose weight.
    I agree with wriglucy.
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Mmm obviously I'm not obese haha but I can see lots of other people who have perfectly flat tummies, and I actually used to have one too but now, from a side view, it does not appear that way. It pretty much is to do with toning, I just thought I'd see more results from eating as well. Guess I will just have to keep up the exercise.
  • skinimin
    Options
    And I just want to say that whilst everyone else puts on weight everywhere and looks in proportion at least I only put on weight in one area and it's my stomach and it makes me look extremely pregnant which, at my age, gets me dirty looks from people. I knoww overall I am not fat but there is one section of me that is, I just chose an angle in my photo that wouldnt show that.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Tummies aren't supposed to be perfectly flat.

When I was young and too thin, mine was. There was a valley between my hipbones... it was kinda gross. At a healthy weight with muscle tone, it's not going to be flat.
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I can relate with you- I dont feel like I am losing and still have my mom pouch- not as large. I didnt realize how far i came until did measurementsand saw my old "skinny" pants which dont fit now. The thing with stomachs is you do have to lose alittl extra weight which mainly comes from diet- eating clean. toning muscles is very important but also have to do good cardio to take fluff layer off so muscle can show,
  • GeauxDonielle
    GeauxDonielle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :wink:
    Tummies aren't supposed to be perfectly flat.

When I was young and too thin, mine was. There was a valley between my hipbones... it was kinda gross. At a healthy weight with muscle tone, it's not going to be flat.

agreed! thank you for posting
  • brity77
    Options
    Perhaps you aren't losing much weight in that area because your body is in starvation mode. Your net calories are super low for the day! I'm not going to feed into telling you how skinny you are, since you probably already know that. No one can tell you you're skinny and make you believe it if you have a distorted body image when you look in the mirror. Perhaps you may want to focus on doing more cardio, eating back your exercise calories and see if that works. If you still think you are fat, perhaps you need to see a professional.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    some of the comments in this thread. ugh.
  • skinimin
    Options
    Ok well to some people thanks, that point about the cardio is good about how you'll see more muscle (i guess if there is muscle there... haha) I will keep up with the exercise I think is the best idea. I think maybe I spend too much time around people who have too many critical things to say because I swear I legitimately thought stomachs could be perfectly flat.