Android App.

Options
Hey guys. Completely irrelevant question ( i guess) how many of you on here have an android phone and have installed the MFP android app. Because im really seriously contemplating getting an android phone just so i could have the app everywhere i go. Any issues with the app. Likes? Dislikes?

Replies

• BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    The app is awesome. It is great all around. The only complaint I have heard is that you cant wall post and do the 'facebooky' type stuff...but if you want it for tracking and calorie counting...AWESOME! Plus the scanner pulls nutritional data on food in the database. It syncs automatically. AND I heard that they are going to be working on the social aspect of it soon.
  • tonyalschwarzkopf
    Options
    I have used it since I started with myfitnesspal.com and I love it! I like how I can use the app. and online together. It has been really easy to use and I haven't had any problems with the app. at all! I say go for it!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Completely irrelevant question ( i guess) how many of you on here have an android phone and have installed the MFP android app. Because im really seriously contemplating getting an android phone just so i could have the app everywhere i go. Any issues with the app. Likes? Dislikes?

I actually found MFP through the Android app! It's wonderful to have the ability to log what you're eating and see your plan for the day at absolutely any time. The Android app also has a barcode scanner which can help to speed things up!

MFP also has an iPhone app and is developing a Blackberry app.

I adore my Android phone, but I've never used an iPhone. Hated the Blackberry though.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    At this time the android app does not have the social features, but the iphone does. However, the android app has barcode scanning, which the iphone does not. I'm sure over time they will both be on par with each oter.

I personally prefer Android over iPhone, mainly due to the open platform.
  • LMFD08
    Options
    I actually started calorie counting on my phone. I have a droid and have had no problems whatsoever... except... I am trying to now figure out how to get it linked with an online account so I can log in calories either way. Literally have been on here 10 minutes, so no luck so far. I really don't want to start over. BUT if you start online it looks like there is a way to easily link it to your phone.
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    I love the android app. You can wall post if you just log in to the MFP main page through the browser. Otherwise it's great! I love that I can log everything exactly when I eat it - or at the gym, I log exercises immediately after I do them cuz I have my phone right there. No dislikes!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I use it all the time and I love it...especially with the bar scanner! No problems at all. Such a great app and I can't believe it's free.
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: LOVE IT.....
  • suadvani
    suadvani Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ditto Brian.. love the ease and convenience of the app.. really is a help as there is no way i woukd 'remember' what i ate if i couldnt log while out and about.. but i dont like the fact you cant 'chat, send/read messages etc'

if your getting a new fone highly recomend an android, they rock.. :)
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I have an Android phone and I use the MFP app every day. It is helping to keep me honest as far as my food intake goes- I have no excuse to NOT log everything I eat, because I always have my phone with me.
  • FatDoctor
    FatDoctor Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have started to use MFP from the android application. I love it!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I actually started calorie counting on my phone. I have a droid and have had no problems whatsoever... except... I am trying to now figure out how to get it linked with an online account so I can log in calories either way. Literally have been on here 10 minutes, so no luck so far. I really don't want to start over. BUT if you start online it looks like there is a way to easily link it to your phone.

You actually have an online account, you just don't realize it. Your log on is the same as it is on your phone. Just log in and everything you've entered on the phone is already sync'd to your online account!
  • khodges15
    Options
    Alrighty!!! thanks you all! So far no negatives, all positive feedback....sounds like a green light to me!!! :)
  • nikkirosem
    nikkirosem Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I personally really like it. Especially the scanner. I also like the fact that it sychronizes at the same time. Other apps are not as efficient.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I love having myfitnesspal on my android phone.

My two biggest (and actually kind of minor) complaints are that the ads at the bottom of the screen sometimes block the app itself. But this is rare, and the price you pay for a free app. Also, seeing as I have an ipod touch, I am annoyed that when I am out of service range, I cannot add food to my diary that I have not added recently.

Like I said though, it is still a great app. Love it!