Help! I need flu remedies

Options
:sick: Hi guys,
I've had the flu for 3days now and I feel terrible!! I have tried all kinds of over the counter medicine but none of them have worked.
A friend told me to try home remedies but I don't know of any.
Please help!
Can you guyst tell me what I can do to feel better.
I have a bad cough that won't leave, bodaches, earaches, headache stuffy and runny nose, sinus preasure.
And on top of all that I have thrown up 2x in the past day and also have stomach isuess *wink*wink.
someone please help!:sick:

Replies

• wendyj441
    Options
    my grandmother used to make us hot totties. Hot tea, lemon juice, honey and a small shot of whiskey mixed. Got to run it's course but helps .
  • stinago
    Options
    Boil some ginger root (I usually use 1 inch or 2. If you buy it at the store as a whole root it's cheaper and it freezes very well!) in 4 cups of water for 5 minutes. Add a little honey or don't ...up to you. Drink while hot. Repeat a few times. Basically it's like a tea.
    Ginger is supposed to be a great digestive aide and also it clears up sinus problems too.
  • AshliKrasz
    AshliKrasz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just has to run its course. You will probably start feeling better tomorrow though! I had it a few weeks ago and am STILL coughing! Just hang in there, lots of hot showers, motrin and so on!
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    ginger lemon honey tea
  • lirienleigh
    Options
    make some hot water, like for tea. get a large lemon and half an orange, and squeeze the juice in the water, put a little bit of honey in it and some mint. this will help with the sore throut, and honey is a great all around immunity booster. mint just makes it taste good, and the orange juice if for vitamin C.
    always helps me out :3 good luck
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the hot toddies! Helps you sleep. ;-)
  • tshahady
    tshahady Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately this won't help you now but for the next time use Oscillo. It's very important to start it w/in 48 hours of onset of flu symptoms. I used it last month when I had the flu - i started taking it 6 hours after the onset and my "flu" lasted for 3 days. I was back in the gym feeling 100% by the 4th day. Feel better chica!

http://www.oscillo.com/
  • jisabelle
    jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, I will give these a try.
    I'm tired of being ill, and hope they help so I can get back to normal
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Ok, my OTC meds and home made remedy that I use...between doses I can forget that i'm ill.

400-600mg Ibuprofen, Not sure if its called the same in the US
    1000mg paracetamol (tylenol??).... do not go higher on the dose of this so make sure anything else you take has no paracetamol in it (ibuprofen and paracetamol are perfectly safe to take together...google if you dont believe me, actually google anyway, never take advice from a stranger without checking!)
    Otrivine sinusitis spray (you should find something similar if you dont have this over there)

Take the above every 5 hours

Now my witches brew

1 heaped teaspoon of mixed spice (ginger cinnamon nutmeg etc) in a cup, add boiling water then add 1/8th cup of lemon juice and honey, sugar or sweeteners to sweeten

Its quite strong and you get quite a bit of sediment from the spices but try and down it in one.

The first time i made it for my kids they pulled faces but I can guarantee they ask for them when they get a cold or flu now
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I agree with the fresh lemon and honey hot drink. Never tried spices but will add that next time :wink:

I also take echinicea. It boosts your immune system :bigsmile:

Lots of sleep and lots of water :drinker:

Hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • cheechersmom
    Options
    Lots and lots and lots of water. And it will run it's course. My whole family got this flu last month. The two bucket flu we call it! ;o)
    You've probably lost a pound or two, but I know, it's not the fun way to do it.
    My Mom always had this saying for tummy troubles. B.R.A.T
    eat ....
    Bananas, (plain)
    Rice,
    Apples (or apple sauce)
    Toast. (plain)
    Eventually the "I've been hit by a Mac Truck" feeling will pass. (hugs)