Morton's Neuroma

doutri2
doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I am looking for others who may have had surgery to remove a Morton's Neuroma. For those who are unfamiliar, it is a ball of nerves between the third and fourth toes. It becomes inflamed and aggravated with tight shoes and/or lots of activity in shoes. My becomes aggravated after biking and running and sometimes walking.

I have talked to my doctor about having it surgically removed since I had already tried other options (inserts, cortisone, PT, etc).

I am looking for support from those who have already had the surgery.

Replies

• Diya13
    Diya13 Posts: 24
    haven't had the surgery, but I am getting a phd in neuroscience, so if you have questions I may be able to help
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 581 Member
    I had the surgery on both feet at the same time. It's been years ago. Every once in awhile it still bothers, but nothing to compare to before the surgery. My feet definitely feel a lot better. The only thing I hate is that my foot is numb under those toes. I think the surgery was worth it. BTW -- I also had the cortisone shots in between my toes -- that stuff hurt!!! Good luck with yours.

Oh....adding my husband also had it done on one foot and his foot is numb in the same place. I actually got a cut from a rock in that area that is numb and it become infected. No fun.
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    Surgery postponed till a later date.
This discussion has been closed.