Hello (new to MFP)

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the site and am 21 years old. After years of my weight fluctuating up and down as a result of extreme and unhealthy methods of weight loss, accompanied by unhealthy thought patterns and a very negative self-image, I've decided that I have finally had enough and want to have a healthy lifestyle back. I'm hoping this site will help me to block out the negative thinking and prove to myself that a combination of exercise and a substantial healthy balanced diet is the best way to maintain a good weight and be healthy, fit and happy! Here's to new beginnings and a new lifestyle!

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, this is a great place, and you will find a lot of support here. Good luck in your journey to a happier, healthier you.
  • christinslough
    christinslough Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new too. I'm actually 30 and dieted successfully last year and lost 25lbs! But, since then I gained 10 back... Ugh! Hence logging on to MFP and getting started (again).

Honestly, I don't know how to do this without support. My husband can cut out sodas for like a day and lose weight and its sickening. I struggle daily to make good decisions and when I don't I hate myself. I constantly have to look at things and think "how am I going to feel about that when I walk past the mirror on the way to the shower?" LOL

I believe you are totally right, it is all about positivity and support! If you want to build up some friends on here kind of facebook style, send me a friend request if you like and I will add you. As two newbies we can help each other out :)

We can do this, we can have fun, we can eat things that taste good and we can lose weight! We just have to be SMART :)
  • aj_myjourney
    Options
    What a great response, thanks so much!

I am confident that we can do this too!!
  • awilliams0209
    awilliams0209 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you guys on here. I have been on here for about 5 weeks and have never had as much support as I have experienced here. It is nice just to get a "good job" after a long workout or a good day of eating. I think the support is amazing and I have never been so confident that I can do this. If you guys need more friends, don't hesitate to send me a request. We all need as much encouragement as we can get. :)
  • Natacia28
    Natacia28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome...this site is awesome!!! Good luck on your journey