Ate my workout calories

Options
It's the first time I've ate my workout cals in about 10 days? Despite knowing it's healthy and required to maintain weightloss it still gives me serious anxiety. Bah, how do you guys reassure yourselves that eating those calories is allowed and necessary?

Replies

• kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I feel fine about it because I consistently lose each week so I know it works for me. Good luck!
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, even though I'm on maintenance mode I just don't feel right eating my exercise calories (I try, but never succeeded), seems to me I'm eating like never before and that I'm going to gain weight, plus, it's hard to eat all those calories and keeping it healthy :/ I try with peanuts, but if I keep this way, someday I'll become a giant peanut, haha
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing, it aint working! I just can't eat all my exercise calories - but my trend is down (18lb in 46 days) I do a lot of cardio, and I like it... Go with what feels good!

Regards, david
  • Roxytoy
    Roxytoy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree, I set my goals based on what Myfitnesspal said. However if I ate my exercise calories, I didn't really lose weight very fast. If I want to lose 2-3 pounds a week I had to adjust my daily calorie goal (without exercise) down. So the exercise calories can really be eaten. That way if I don't exercise I am still losing weight. You will have to try it both ways to see if the goals you set for yourself are accurate.
    Good Luck
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't going under the 1200cal min and getting enough protein to provide for muscle regeneration, there's no real "need" to eat those calories.
  • sherri31
    Options
    When i first started i ate my exercise calories and i lost 12 lbs in a month which i thought was good. But then i kept hearing people say dont eat them it doesnt make sense to. So i quit eating them and gained 2 pounds back. So i am back to eating them. I dont always eat them all but i try to get close. Gook luck
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't going under the 1200cal min and getting enough protein to provide for muscle regeneration, there's no real "need" to eat those calories.
    if you have a 1200 cal diet, and dont eat your excercise cals back arnt you ending up under 1200 cals?
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    if you have a 1200 cal diet, and dont eat your excercise cals back arnt you ending up under 1200 cals?

Yup, which is why someone in that position would have to eat their workout calories.
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat them I eventually get run down and don't have the energy to work out like I need to. I know I have to refuel my body when I exercise more.
  • 23sdlsdfoi98
    Options
    I guess I just Luke the results I get when I don't eat them. I feel so bloated and what not when I do, maybe it's all in my head?