not eating breakfast

Options
how bad is it not to eat breakfast? because i wake up and 6:30 for school and i seriously try my hardest to wake up earlier to eat breakfast but i never can! i just keep hitting the snooze button. is it really that bad for you ?

Replies

• rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I think so...could you grab a yogurt to take with You?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    eating in the am is what gets your metabolism going so it's definitely a good idea to eat breakfast. You might just have to stock up on things to eat on the run (drinkable yogurt, fiber one bars or any other breakfast bar, banana or other fruit etc) and have that to get you going for the day.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    yes you should eat within 30 minutes of getting up! It's what starts your fire (metabolism)
  • Mommyof4ts
    Options
    I never ate breakfast or lunch, but since starting on here, I have been forcing myself to eat, even if I dont feel hungry. I think its helped a great deal. Like someone before me posted, try eating yogurt or something small and easy in the morning. Most days I eat a greek yogurt or a mini bagel just to get something in me to start the day.
  • Wendy72
    Options
    It is not good to miss breakfast. Once you wake up, eat something as they say it wakes your body from sleep mode and helps kick in your metabolism . Even if it is a granola bar, yogurt, banana, apple, bowl of cereal, oatmeal, etc. Try to eat something. It is very hard for me to eat in the morning and I used to skip that meal, but now I eat something and it does help!
  • ColorfulSouls
    Options
    I usually put my alarm clock far away so I have to get up to turn it off... and then I get dressed since I'm already up XP
    If you don't eat breakfast, your body will have a harder time losing weight. Try at least eating a banana or drinking a glass of milk before you head out.
  • texasguy
    texasguy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem eating breakfast because i am alway running late to work. So i bought those Fiber One breakfast bars and put the box on my desk and put my keys in the fiber box. So when i grab my keys i grab a bar. I never forget one now.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Agreed with others that it is better to eat breakfast... and this is coming from someone who used to hate to eat breakfast. Some good on-the-go ideas:

1) Fruit (I like to slice up some cheddar cheese to go with apples or pears so I get carbs/protein or have some peanut butter with banana)
    2) Yogurt
    3) Toast/Peanut Butter (throw the toast in the toaster or toaster oven while you are finish up getting ready) or Bagel/Cream Cheese or Peanut Butter
    4) A premade sandwich -- who says breakfast has to be breakfast foods?
  • tgoolsby5
    Options
    I've always heard the rule that breakfast should be the largest meal of the day. But I recently read that when you "break-the-fast" from hours of sleeping you should really only consume a light meal (piece of fruit and/or fruit juice). I'd say listen to your body. If time is a issue grab some fruit, meal replacement bar (I like the Pro Bar) and/or a meal replacement drink (never tried these). My thought is you probably wouldn't go more than 6 waking hours without food so it's probably a good idea to get nutrients into your body before you start the day. Especially some form of protein for brain function.

hope this helps
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My mom doesnt do breakfast either but starves by lunch if she doesnt eat. So she has started to drink Special K protein breakfast drinks. She loves them and says they are filling. Just keep them in the fridge and grab one on the go.
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    Yes you should eat....

"Healthy" things you can eat on the go:
    Yogurt
    String Cheese
    Bananas (or any other fruit of course)
    Protein shake
    Granola Bars
    Nuts
    Beef Jerky
    Apples w/ peanut butter (cut up apples and pack peanut butter the night before)
  • ffemtchris
    ffemtchris Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think you are better off eating larger breakfasts and lunches and having a light dinner. I find that a bigger meal in the morning gets me going longer through the day without feeling hungry. As you mentioned, it can be tought to take the time for breakfast but there are numerous portable and/or quickly prepared meals to make it fast and easy.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4424661.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    It does not need to be big, just don't skip a meal. Most people get fatter when they skip breakfast. Eat a small breakfast like some of the quick, easy and small suggestions mentioned above.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Another easy, portable option is hard boiled eggs... just make some up the night before and grab a couple going out the door.
  • olichka9
    Options
    if you dont have time for breakfast get Fage 0% plain yogurt and Kashi golean crunch cereal, pack cereal the night before into to go bag and grab it with the yogurt in am! its easy! all ull need is a plastic spoon n you can eat anywhere really! This meal is a great source of protein and fiber will keep you full and ull get all your nutrients from breakfast! =)
  • gokate1
    Options
    I deal with the same thing but I started packing myself something I could take with me and eat on the bus. Some different breakfast ideas I do are:
    . Chobani yogurt with a plastic spoon so It's okay if I lose it
    OR
    . Luna protein bar and an apple
    OR
    . A non toasted bagel with some lowfat cream cheese
    OR
    . A hard boiled egg and some strawberries
    =) anything you can eat on the bus or on the go is good!