Cell Phones

Options
When you workout do you turn your cell phone off or do you keep it by your side?

Replies

• Hannah_92
    Options
    I keep it : ) Because I like to check my time (not every two seconds : P) but I don't take calls or text until I am done. It really just depends on what you are doing. If you can text and run go for it!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    mine stays in my locker. But then, it's tough to check one's phone in the pool!
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    don't even take it in my gym. that's my time.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Keep it by my side. I actually downloaded the C25K app that I use when I'm on the treadmill. Tells me when to run or walk.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I take my cell phone with me everywhere, and I even answer it at the gym. There are rules against it at the gym , but I own my own business and I am the sole support person so I can not miss any phone calls.....
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    I HAVE 2 KIDS A WIFE A BIS. AND FAMILY 1000 MILES AWAY WITH MED PROBLEMS MY PHONE IS NEATHER OFF OR NOT WITH ME 24 HRS A DAY. I WILL NOT ANSWER BUT DANM IF MY FAMILY CAN'T GET ME IF THEY NEED TO. FAMILY ALWAYS COME FIRST AND IF THE CAN'T GET YOU THEN YOU ARE NO GOOD TO THEM. SORRY
  • morgaj8
    Options
    I keep it by my side. I use MFP on my phone & I have a lot of different exercise and fitness apps I use while working out.
  • Girlypeekaboo
    Options
    I take mine with me...its where i listen to my music through
  • corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    don't even take it in my gym. that's my time.

I leave mine at home. :laugh:
  • CelesteENelson
    CelesteENelson Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have a husband that is a truck driver and a son. My phone doesnt leave my side. Period! in case of an accident or something I have to be able to answer my phone.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I have mine with me, but that's just because it's my music source too. I don't, however, sit there and chat on and on while on a machine like a lot of people do. That drives me CRAZY. I don't want to hear everyone's conversation. If you can chat on the phone then you're not working out hard enough.
  • EvilPirateJohn
    EvilPirateJohn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I keep mine in the car, don't need that distraction!
  • KittyO8
    Options
    I have mine on me but I use it as my music source and I keep track of what machines I use and the weights I use on them each time so it's used as a tool for my workouts and not as a phone. I would answer it if it rang but it hasn't before. Probably helps I exercise around 11 at night and that most people will text me before calling me.
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I keep mine with me for emergencies (I have a son) and sometimes I am on call at work so I need to be able to respond pretty quickly.
  • UcallMeJay
    Options
    I don't work out in a gym because I have equipment in my garage and I walk and jog around the neighborhood.
    That being said, I use my phone when I work out.
    I use it as my MP3 player or to stream Pandora while I work out and when jogging. When I walk or jog it also runs the Run Keeper app that tracks my distance, pace, via the GPS on the phone and estimates calories burned.
    ANDROID for the win!
  • shedinches
    Options
    I now workout at home, and keep it in my room while working out its me time. When I used to go to the gym it would stay in the car, it was me time. I understand those of you have children why you would worry, thanks for the feedback everyone!
  • katierg
    Options
    I get too sweaty to keep it on my person. It usually stays in my cubby and I carry around my iPod for tunes. I do however admire those 19 year old girls who can continually text while on the elliptical. Shoot, I can barely get a sip of water.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    also keep mine in the car.
    i only take towel, ipod touch(for logging workout progress), water, shake.car keys.

thats it. no bag's, no need for lockers. easy.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    It's my movie/music source while I'm working out. Plus I log each machine's use and calorie burn as soon as I finish working out on the machine, otherwise I'd forget the info by the time I got back to the car. But I don't answer calls or reply to texts at all while working out. Everything gets an instant ignore.