Am I a food addict??

Options
I'm loving this site and extremely motivated right now... the but is... I have my thoughts dwelling on things like... can I do this forever? I guess the ups and downs I've had all of my life with weight loss and weight gain as soon as I go back to my "normal" behavior has me thinking like a recovering alcoholic. Do I need to attend FA meetings or does this get better as time goes on?

Replies

• LHarders
    LHarders Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have said over and over that I don't drink I don't do drugs but i am totally addicted to food. I do believe this is a full life time change I can never go back to a double bacon cheese burger and fries....it just isn't good for me....as fatal as drugs. I think this site is great....anytime you have strayed or feel like straying get on your computer and hit the message boards...you are not alone :)
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I guess the ups and downs I've had all of my life with weight loss and weight gain as soon as I go back to my "normal" behavior has me thinking like a recovering alcoholic.

I think you answer your own question here. I'm right there with you, and it is an addiction that is just as difficult to deal with as any other. Unfortunately, the difference between food, drugs and alcohol is that you can't live without food. Maybe you may want to check out your local Over-eaters Anonymous. If you get there and it's not for you than what harm has been done? I went to private therapy and it helped A LOT! Let me know if you need anything, I'm here for you.