Any Brides out there losing weight for their big day???

Options
I am recently engaged and am looking to lose a of lot weight. Not just for my looks but for my health. I weighed a one time 260 lbs and lost almost 80 lbs. It was such hard work and finding the motivation again has become the hardest so my wedding day is my motivation.I am ready to start a new life and new healthy me. I felt so much better then about myself and everything around me. I could walk a bunch, ride a bike and do whatever I wanted.
Now I am 280 lbs, barely want to get up everyday I feel so bad. When I look in the mirror all I see is my fat and my low self esteem. I have recently been through some trauma lately and packed on some weight. I lost my father to cancer and it was such a trying time on so many levels. I eat to make myself feel better when really it is making me worse. I dont want to get up everyday because I dont have a job now. I graduated with a degree in visual communications but the jobs just arent flowing in ohio right now and I have been trying so hard to just make it through the day.
I am hoping this gives me direction everyday so that I can become the person I found and lost at one time.I know how much work it takes to lose this weight and how much support I need so if there is anyone struggling as much as I am in life and just ready for a change for their big day please feel free to reply.

Replies

• TheNewMrsDemo
    TheNewMrsDemo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't say that I'm doing it for the "big day", since we are not having a wedding, but I am doing this for the honeymoon. We opted to do a dream honeymoon instead of the wedding. All of our family is all over the country and we decided we would go see them after we get married and do "receptions" so to speak with each of them.

I want to be as sexy as I can possibly be in a bathing suit. I'm not expecting to get completely to my goal, but I want enough change by then (which is November) to look back and just be proud of myself for what I've accomplished.

I completely understand about how you feel each day. I'm a super happy outgoing person, but to be honest, on the inside is a different story.

Good luck and congrats on the engagement :) ♥♥♥
  • Marking02
    Marking02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This site is great for motivation, i am also trying to lose weight for my big day-which is coming up fast (Aug. 13th) I get motivated and am good for a couple of days then fall off the band wagon. I have always struggled with fmy weight, so its a difficult thing. I want to get healthy but also look good in my wedding dress. Good luck in your journey-feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Oh man, im sorry to hea that you lost ur father...:frown: i havent had anything bad like that happen too me, but i am also an emotional eatter grr....lol its gotten me into sum trouble wen i got pregnant young and a year ago had another. sooo ive packed on alllot of baby fat thats not going away!!! ive lost 45 pounds and im struggling like hell trying to get the rest of my weight off...But u can do it, set ur mind to it and do it! hehe :flowerforyou: Im getting married thats pushing my *kitten* to get up and start doing stuff about my body now..lol Oct 22nds my date and i cant wait!! another 30 pounds to go grrr..lol But just keep a schedual and stick with it..its helped me out. i was 220 past my fathers weight and catching up to my fiance...i freaked and now im 179...Good luck u can do it...:happy:
  • cjbribri2
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight not only for my wedding, but also for my health. I started out at 270 and have lost 5 pounds so far. I am a stay at home mother of 2 so being motivated varies day by day. I am trying to do this, but there are days that I feel like there is no point in it at all. Then I remember that I want to see my kids grown up, married and be here to see my grandchildren. I understand how you feel, I lost my father 2 years ago and it happened so sudden, lets just say it took my breath away. I did manage to lose 30 pounds because of it even though that is not the way it should be done.

If you need a friend on here feel free to add me. Maybe we can help each other out.
  • lisaloo85
    Options
    My wedding is one of my motivations too! The big day is September 24th of this year and hope to get to my goal weight by then. I have been working so hard to get there but soemdays are just hard (like today) when it is so much easier to eat unhealthy! My fiance can makek the most unhealthiest meals! LOL
    Good luck on your journey!
  • magz_weltha
    Options
    Hey! I am also losing weight for my big day (9-22-12). I know it's over a year away, I've actually already been engaged for a year as well. My wedding was a big part in my motivation to lose weight, as well as health and the alike. Starting off is the worst, but ya just have to really want it, as I'm sure you know. I'd say do whatever you did the first time, it worked! I'm not going to go on and on about different types of things that work for me, because you know what works obviously...You just gotta make yourself get to work! One thing I've found to really help motivate me, though, is picking out music that reminds me of my fiance. One song that really gets me working (and it is a slow song, which is weird because it revs me up so much) is "We are Man and Wife" by Michelle Featherstone. it is a slow, loving song...It just makes me think about our day and how I want to look for him that night. ;)
    Hope this helps!!!
  • blondiebrooke
    blondiebrooke Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    yes me too! i've been trying to lose the same 20lbs for a few years now : ( any help/motivation would be great! i'm starting jillian Michael's 30 day shred! hoping that will help!
  • redhed44
    redhed44 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you all for allyour advice and encouragement!! THis was such a suprise to me that others replied because I just saw and read them. (new to this whole thing so I had no idea there were already posts). Good luck to all of you and your dreams. For those who are getting married its a beautiful thing and just know beauty is not always on the outside. YOu will all be beautiful on your big day no matter what because it is all about love, respect, and acceptance.(or the trinity mind, body and soul)