Stretch Marks

Options
Ahhhhhhh get rid of them for me please! I try using this oil stuff but it doesn't do anything. I feel like it's getting worse and I'm so embarrassed because I'm 20 and it feels like it's just getting worse. And I'm at a plateau with my weight and I'm just frustrated with my body!

Replies

• mikeylikesit1177
    Options
    switch up your workout and shock your body. That will help kick start you out of your plateau. I try to switch up my workouts every 4 weeks
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhhhh get rid of them for me please! I try using this oil stuff but it doesn't do anything. I feel like it's getting worse and I'm so embarrassed because I'm 20 and it feels like it's just getting worse. And I'm at a plateau with my weight and I'm just frustrated with my body!
    If you find the cure for the stretch marks, sign me up! lol as for the plateau try changing up your diet and or exercise routines. throw a day or two in there with higher calories. I know it sounds counter productive but your body has adjusted to what you've been doing. Now you have to confuse it again and get it into spending mode. It's like the 30 day shred for your stomach. Keep it guessing and it won't stall out.
  • jlewis121186
    Options
    you really cant get rid of them...you can lighten them by staying hydrated and toning your skin...but stretch marks are really rips in your skin that are VERY deep, no lotion or oil is going to penetrate where the problem really is...after 3 pregnancies, i know your pain very well, lol
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain too. With my daughter I had like 3 stretch marks. My son, wo was almost 10 lbs. at birth, completely mutilated me. My stretch marks look like vicious battle wounds.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    you really cant get rid of them...you can lighten them by staying hydrated and toning your skin...but stretch marks are really rips in your skin that are VERY deep, no lotion or oil is going to penetrate where the problem really is...after 3 pregnancies, i know your pain very well, lol
    Yup that was the devil that did me in too and my mom and my sister :laugh:
  • sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've had stretch marks since I was a kid (from gaining a lot of weight very fast, and unfortunatly keeping that weight) so I'm sort of used to them. I've heard cocoa butter helps, but as everyone has said it's like a really bad scar. Maybe you can just think of them as battle scars. You faught hard to be healthy!
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, stretch marks are scars, and you can't get rid of them. You can trade some, if not all, though, for a tummy tuck scar. That's about the only thing that will get rid of them.

Wish I could get rid of them, too.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Yeah from what I've heard the general consensus is you just can't get rid of them. I have tons from being overweight as a kid. Like literally every inch from my upper thighs to my bellybutton. HOWEVER, I have found that goo bottle of bronzer will do wonders in hiding them. Honestly, with a little extra skin colour, I can barely see them, and my bf can't see then at all. Plus having a little glow makes you look slimmer. Yay! =)