Eat this NOT That....

Options
I am debating on order two of the books, the one for kids, my kids are bad eaters, which is ALL my fault, i want to see what better choices I can give them, Also, I want the super market survival guide, I was hoping to get some input on them before I purchased either, or input on any of the other books in the eat this not that series would be really helpful, thank you!

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I follow their updates on Twitter-they seem like a really good company!! Very factual.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I really don't think you need to spend money on a book to tell you how a person is supposed to eat. Buy as few packaged foods as possible. If you need snacks- buy whole wheat pretzels and cheerios. Buy tons of produce, dairy and low fat proteins like light tuna, chicken breast, white meat turkey, and very lean cuts of beef.

You know what's healthy, You don't need to spend the money on a book to tell you what you already know.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    i have an older one, but it is so interesting to know what you are putting in to yourself and what would be better.
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    All of the books have a little bit of the supermarket survival guide in them. I have all of them. I absolutely love them. But of the two, I would pick the "for kids" one. Honestly, reading the book was a huge wake-up call for me. It totally made me re-think what I thought I knew about "health" foods. I paid attention, I took action, and I've lost 110 pounds (my ticker is in KGs), and I still go out to eat or pick up fast food on occassion (I travel often for work and cooking is almost never an option on trips).
  • SunniGirl143
    Options
    If you do buy one, don't pay full price - you can get books at half.com or amazon gently used (if that!) for a few dollars. Good luck!
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You should totally get the Cook this Not that one as well. AMAZING! I've been making recipes out of there for the past few weeks now and they are all amazing! I love this Kids one as well!
  • rgalloway49
    rgalloway49 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really like these books, they are a great tool to help you start making better decisions and to really see what you are getting.

You can also get e-mail newsletters from Eat This Not That for free.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Just looked it up on amazon and they have the kids eat this not that for $2.07 used+ s&h
  • clarreb
    Options
    I have Eat This Not That 2011 edition & it has opened my eyes to soooo much. I never realized how many chemicals are excessively in the foods we eat. I would totally recommend getting the books. I have the restaurant edition but it also has so much more valuable information. I bet all the books are awesome! The one I have rates chain restuarants and tells you the best options & some are surprising (but good). It also has the best items to purchase at the supermarket, the top foods you should eat most often, 6 rules of good nutrition & lots of extras. I take my book everywhere with me! lol
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    I really don't think you need to spend money on a book to tell you how a person is supposed to eat. Buy as few packaged foods as possible. If you need snacks- buy whole wheat pretzels and cheerios. Buy tons of produce, dairy and low fat proteins like light tuna, chicken breast, white meat turkey, and very lean cuts of beef.

You know what's healthy, You don't need to spend the money on a book to tell you what you already know.

Actually just the previews of these books are loaded with information I didnt know, and probably not even you knew....

Thanks everyone I am still looking into them , I Saw the cookbook and the foods do look good... I want to start out with two of them though , I wish they sold a boxed set...haha!
  • ababygrace
    Options
    They are actually great books. I would suggest buying them from amazon.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    a friend gave me the women health special eat this not that issue and I have to say they are disappointing..I totally would not follow their choices and they dont even track sugar! c'mon thats a big problem!....the books at the library are more factual!