2nd week and need friends for inspiration/motivation!

Options
Hi, I'm a 27 year old social worker who lives in Oregon. I used to stay in shape doing lots of hiking and backpacking, but now I am working 40 hours a week stuck behind a desk (love my job, just not used to the lifestyle). When I'm not at work, I'm really exhausted emotionally and physically. I've gained quite a bit of weight in a short amount of time and I've noticed a lot more aches and pains then I had before when I was active. I'm looking to lose a little under 20 pounds, to get myself back to my old weight (and wardrobe!) My calorie intake for the day is set at 1200, this is the end of my second week and I've found its been harder and harder to log back in and really stick to journaling my food. I think having friends to cheer you on is the key to this site, so please friend me! I would love to see what works for other people, and I would love to join some group fitness challenges!

Replies

• jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    We will help each other! My diet has been tough and the pounds are not moving! We WILL do this!
  • jacque1109
    Options
    YES, it SOOOO important to have good friends--- I have about 20 on here that I love to death- they keep my motivated and always have encouraging words to say--- plus my hubby is on here so I can spy on him LOL!

Feel free to add me :)
  • jacque1109
    Options
    Oh- I will tell you I got the creepiest message the other day from some guy,,, I don't befriend guys--- I'm a girls only club and I think this helps too.
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. My biggest obtacle has always been my lack of motivation and this site has kept me on track for the past month. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck!
    Renée
  • mattie11
    mattie11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I totally understand. I started working at desk job and find it exhausting as well. feel free to add me!
  • soonenough
    Options
    I'm so running into the same issue, at a desk for 8 hours a day, a total of 2 hours drive time and then trying to have some time to feel like I'm relaxing at home, which equals about 2 hours before i have think and start getting ready for bed. I'll help support you!!!
  • Liss1
    Liss1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Your calories are set to 1200? Are you trying to loose a lot of weight quickly because i tried that at first and i changed mine to loose 1lb a week and it has been way more realistic and manageable.
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat. 27, desk job, need to lose about 19 more lbs to be happy with myself. Oh and I am in WA, so similar weather too. :happy: Would be happy to be buddies during our weightloss/MFP journeys.
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Also this is my second week with MFP and using P90.
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I too work in the social work field and it is hard to get motivated after an emotionally exhausting day. I will send you a friend request for support. :smile:
  • 2blossom
    2blossom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been on this journey on and off for over six months; I joined MFP in Feb. It can be physcially and emotionally exhausting in the Social work field. I can relate; sometimes I'm in the field, other times I'm sitting at a desk. When I'm in the office, it's easy to stick with my caloric meal plans. However, when I'm out in the field, I tend to grab something to eat on the go.
  • soonenough
    Options
    it appears we are all in the same boat!! We are all at a desk for a majority of the day -
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    LOL, my shifts are 12 hrs long!
  • kaitlinrc
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the support!
  • chatnoire
    chatnoire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ahhh yes, the desk-boat! :grumble:

I find it's easier to log in and keep track than to actually DO the exercises. It's almost like I need someone to call me and get me out of bed to exercise! :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • HeatherNTbs
    Options
    I am 22 and my job is so slow it should be sitting lol I am a hair dresser in a small town started this program a week ago and want to loose a bout thirty to forty lbs I use my iPod for most of my documenting but would love friends also
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I too went from a moving lifestyle to a sedentary office job. I love my job and love that I can now sit more (I have an awful back so this is wonderful) but, yes, the long drive and long hours not moving much is exhausting!!! I gained so much weight. It's a lot, and it will take awhile. But that's what we're here for. I'm down 10 now and so, so happy with myself! Thanks to this site I am able to say...I WILL DO THIS!!!

feel free to add me, any of you that need some help along the way!
    Wendy