Deleted post

Options
So I had posted a thread in the fun and games forum with no intentions to harm or poke fun at anybody specific, other than myself of course. The title clearly stated it was a thread for "fat jokes". If anybody was going to take offense to it, they didn't have to click on it or ready any of the jokes. I started it off with one very clean joke and I never got a chance to check in on it again to see what others had to say, I don't understand why it was deleted from the forum. I've read the rules Mike has posted and I did not break any of them by starting that thread. Now if others posted and it got out of hand I would understand, but I didn't get that chance to see for myself. I would kinda like some sort of an explanation and I would have liked to have received a message stating why. With no explanation, nobody's ever going to learn what to do and what not to do.

Replies

• zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    agreed.

too many people taking themselves too seriously.

i have been on many forums that have been over moderated and i ended up leaving. if people dont want to read fat jokes, then dont read the thread.
  • Tiffany1111
    Tiffany1111 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    some people take things way too serious, I think it's fun to be able to laugh at yourself. Vulnerability makes you stronger and more comfortable in your own skin.
  • mama_mia3
    Options
    The joke I started the thread with was simply this:

I bought a digital, talking scale. When I stepped on to weigh myself it said, "One person at a time, please". At least I got a good workout with the baseball bat after that....

That's funny. I thought it was funny. Wanted to share a giggle. Didn't see in harm in that, but I guess somebody did.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    The joke I started the thread with was simply this:

I bought a digital, talking scale. When I stepped on to weigh myself it said, "One person at a time, please". At least I got a good workout with the baseball bat after that....

That's funny. I thought it was funny. Wanted to share a giggle. Didn't see in harm in that, but I guess somebody did.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tiffany1111
    Tiffany1111 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love it, it made me laugh!
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much. Everyone on the forums are a little on edge due to a *ahem* sexual excapade post of one person and the resultant firestorm that caused and day before yesterday's very strange tirade about someone trying to steal someone's man. It's been a very strange week on MFP, so don't worry.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    i didnt see the post you are talking about but i cant imagine that anyone would appreciate "fat jokes" seeing how many people are here because they are insecure with their weight as it is. they dont want or need to hear people poking fun at them
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, some people aren't satisfied with just ignoring a topic. :indifferent: If it offends them then it has to be deleted, not ignored. :indifferent: :indifferent:

FWIW, I thought it was a funny topic. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    A white elephant in the room huh
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much. Everyone on the forums are a little on edge due to a *ahem* sexual excapade post of one person and the resultant firestorm that caused and day before yesterday's very strange tirade about someone trying to steal someone's man. It's been a very strange week on MFP, so don't worry.

What???? :noway: :noway:

Please friend me asap so I can follow you & your threads! :laugh: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • mama_mia3
    Options

I didn't see any of those...lol...I always seem to miss the drama posts!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe the thread was deleted. There were a lot of very funny jokes on there. People need to lighten up and if they don't like the thread or are offended then don't look at it. There are threads that I don't look at because of the content but I'm not going to get it deleted just because I don't like it or might get offended.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

I thought the 4 guy thing was an exaggeration of the OP because no one could find the post

as for the someone trying to steal someone's man thing... wut?

i agree it's been a weird week
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Please friend me asap so I can follow you & your threads! :laugh: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

O.o I saw the aftermath but not the starting thread... I wanna know more :) HAHA
  • mama_mia3
    Options

I know, right?!! hahahaha that's funny
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    To the original poster: I thought your thread was hilarious! Last I saw it, it was on page 5. A couple people complained and person said well don't click on it. Sorry you didn't get an explanation :/
  • mama_mia3
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe the thread was deleted. There were a lot of very funny jokes on there. People need to lighten up and if they don't like the thread or are offended then don't look at it. There are threads that I don't look at because of the content but I'm not going to get it deleted just because I don't like it or might get offended.

Ah, man!! See that just gets mine granny panties all twisted!! I didn't get a chance to read ANY of them!!! If I started another thread like that, would my account get deleted??? idk.
  • mama_mia3
    Options
    To the original poster: I thought your thread was hilarious! Last I saw it, it was on page 5. A couple people complained and person said well don't click on it. Sorry you didn't get an explanation :/

Thanks! I thought it was funny...page 5, huh...wow. All those jokes....gone. I feel robbed!! LOL
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options

What! I missed the man stealing? Sad. Sorry about your thread. No idea what happened on it. I chose not to click on it (I know I get overly sensitive with fat jokes)
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    some people take things way too serious, I think it's fun to be able to laugh at yourself. Vulnerability makes you stronger and more comfortable in your own skin.

Big, FAT, ditto! :drinker: