Need support

Options
Really struggling with motivation past few days..... what is the deal? Haven't gone back over to the dark side completly yet but I feel like I am definately being temped... ate a cinnamon roll tonight and justified it by saying I didn't want to deprive myself. lol (but not really funny) I am hoping that new JM workout on Tuesday will jolt me back to reality. What do you guys do when you feel yourself slipping?

Replies

• Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    I just try to put on a pair of old jeans that I want to fit into....and realize that in order to get into them, I still need some work to do. I think about all the reasons that I want to be healthy...and how I got into the unhealthy position I"m into today.

I guess you need to think about all the reasons why you want to lose the weight....and all the frustrations of being overweight.

Chin up....you will get there.
  • notmyrealname
    notmyrealname Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You still have to live, and you can't deprive yourself all the time. I'm sure that you are on track most of the time and are incorporating lots of fresh fruits and veggies into your diet. I beat myself up too when I indulge, but every day is a new day, and every day I tell myself to keep trying. None of us are perfect, and the important thing is to try and be healthy, more so than skinny. Some days are harder than others and you have to cut yourself a little slack. Don't give up....keep tracking your calories and exercise. Weight lost over a slower period of time tends to stay off and little changes become habits. Make sure you drink your water. :) Do something nice for yourself....you deserve it.
  • NoelleW
    NoelleW Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew what to say to that but I am in the same boat. Maybe it is just that time of year. I think I have officially fallen off the wagon, well the weightloss wagon that is. Spent May to December of last year working hard and got to my goal weight in time for my 30th birthday. Started out the new year right by training for my very first 10k January 29th...which I ran and did awesome at! BUT... sine then I have eaten like a cow and havent run even once. Ugh.

Maybe we just need a new goal to get us back on track. Something small maybe like...for the rest of this week no fast food.

What do ya'll think?
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    Well... I just read your inspirations and that would be enough to me! You're doing great - 18lbs lost so far... you don't want to go back there do you? Sending you a friend request - I love the support and motivation more friends brings:)
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Its a slippery slope for sure. I start repeating to myself "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" i guess its kind of like a mantra, but its hard to stick something in your mouth (the other day it was a 2nd slice of pizza) if you're saying that to yourself. hope it helps! and dont beat yourself up, every day is a new day to eat better.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I got lots of candy for Christmas. My favorite kinds. I always tell people, if you get me candy, just get me a little. But I got enough (less than usual, but still quite a bit). I ate them through Jan. Handed out some, too. I put on 4 pounds. Mostly because I wasn't logging my calories so I didn't keep track of them along with my usual foods.

If you know you are just in a temporary funk...roll with it. Your mind is focused on getting past it and that's what really matters. Keeping tabs of how often you fall to temptation is helpful, too.

I also read, rather than eat the whole cinnamon bun, share it. Or take a small size and savor it. Or imagine eating 100's of cinnamon rolls. Or try distraction: go for a walk, talk to a friend on the phone, read a book. Or try replacement: want something sweet, eat an orange. There's many options to choose from. Knowing how much an issue weight and overeating is for you will help you decide which option to take.

I'm on my last 10 vanity pounds, so a slip up of 4 pounds is nothing. I have enough control over my eating to be where I am today. If I was on the other end of that spectrum and always battled with overeating, then I might try the imagine eating 100 to make me sick of the virtual treat.
  • peacestar84
    Options
    I myself have been having so much trouble keeping motivated. All I want to do is eat! I find that it is very important to go over all the reasons for wanting to be healthier and lose weight in the first place. Positive self talk can only do so much though. I also find that I have to find people to talk to and who understand the struggle to lose weight. Talking about wanting to eat often will make me realize that there are other more important things to do in life. I distract myself around the house and when I am really about to give in I look at myself in the mirror and ask myself do I really like what I see and I remind myself about how hard I am trying to make changes. Usually I realize that it is not worth it to give in to my cravings. But honestly there are times when I have that donut (or three) and then I move on from the incident and try to leave the guilt behind and focus on my goals and how to achieve them.
  • tacmedic2209
    Options
    I don't think of it as slipping. It's enjoying life and foods you love. Moderation is the key. If you deprive yourself from all the foods you love to eat what fun is that. Yes they might not be the best foods but they taste good. If you eat healthy and have that snack during the day make it up with some cardio that day. If you can eat those foods in moderation you won't have the huge urge to dump what you are doing. You will just make yourself more aware of what your eating. Look for new foods that are similar to your snack foods and try to substitute them. Good luck. You are going to do fine.:drinker:
  • happydaywitty
    happydaywitty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sister. I think your doing awesome. I have been slipping big time. I hope the new workout stuff will help me. ha ha ha. I need to just suck it up. Your going to look awesome in cabo. Think feeling better in the summer. O.k. we will ride it out till Tuesday then start getting ripped. We can do this. I know I have slipped big time on the vigies and fruit.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your supporting words. This is a rough time of the year. I am going out of town this weekend so I will try to be diligent, Tuesday I am going to start a new workout, then next weekend I leave for my trip. Going to be really really good when I get home for sure. Summer is coming soon!