Ground Turkey, Cheddar Cheese and Cottage Cheese Red Enchila

Options
sweetscorpio17
sweetscorpio17 Posts: 47 Member
Using the Cabot 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese and cottage cheese makes the enchiladas have a rich and creamy filling!

14 corn tortillas (or enough for all the filling)
1 can diced green chilis
1 diced yellow onion
1 package Jenny-O ground turkey (~24 ounces)
.5 cup diced black olives
4 ounces cabot 75% reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
garlic salt and red pepper to taste
1 container La Victoria Enchilada Sauce (or whichever brand you prefer)
optional: diced jalepeno
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large skillet, cook ground turkey with onions, jalepeno, garlic salt and a dash of red pepper. Combine meet mixture with .25cup of the enchilada sauce, cheddar cheese, green chilis, cottage cheese and olives in a large bowl.

In another skillet heat .25cup of enchilada sauce (add more as necessary). Dip tortilla in the enchilada sauce until the tortilla is heated. (If the corn tortilla is cold and you go to roll it, it will crack.) Place roughly .25 cup of mixture in each tortilla. Roll the tortilla, and place with the opening down, in a large glass pan. Continue filling tortillas until there is no mixture left.

Pour remaining sauce over all of the enchiladas. Cook for about 25 minutes or until you see the cheese bubbling out the ends.

This makes about 14 enchiladas, a serving size is 2 per person. 394 calories per serving, 30 grams of protein.

Replies

• Betty8461
    Betty8461 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks. This sounds awesome!
  • Yum:) You just made this Mexican drool a little! What the heck does bump mean?
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Lol, bump means they are giving the thread a bump so that it won't get pushed down and more people can view it!!
  • Oooooh, lol thank you!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh, gonna have to try that one. Mexican is probably mybiggest weakness, so exceptfor bean andveggie burritos, has pretty much been absent from my diet for the last month. :-(
  • Livie_Marie
    Options
    Ooh this sounds delicious! I need to try this out so we can have yummy food here in the home. Cooking more is one of my 2011 Missions to complete