Newcomer looking for some Support! =D

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm Jen, 21 years old, and a college student. I've never done these online communities before, but I realized that I can do this alone! Nor do I want to. =\

I never had a problem with my weight until 5 years ago, when I went through a lot of things and fell into severe depression, and I gained a lot of weight. Now, I am ready to move on, and I really want to start enjoying my life, but I do feel very self-conscious and uncomfortable with my body now. I'm not used to it. I would really like to get my body back into fit shape, and I would LOVE to find people who could support me, and whom I can support! =]

Wishing the Best to You All out There!
Jen =]

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hello Jen and welcome, you can do this, and there is a ton of support here for you, I would be glad to help you anyway I can, feel free to add me if you would like.
  • 808sun
    808sun Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello! Good luck on your weight loss progress! You can do it and we're here for you!
  • nyrene
    Options
    Hi Jen! Welcome to the community of myfitnesspal peeps! I'm a personal trainer and have been able to get most of my clients on this free app to monitor their caloric intake. So far, it's been working and most of my clients have been losing weight. If anything, they now realize that a slice of pizza is way more calories than they once assumed! Please feel free to add me to your friends list. I'll do my best to support you any way possible!
  • SATARA1
    Options
    Hi JenAnn. I am looking forward to sharing many victories with you. Congrats on your start!
    -Satara1
  • NoelleW
    NoelleW Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well Good LUCK!! It's good to hear that you haven't always been unhealthy. It means hopefully you remember what it feels like to feel good :) Remember and run with it...heck run toward it. Losing weight is one of the most difficult and rewarding things you can do...so do it, share the experience and Love Yourself for making this world a better place.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jen!
    As online communities go, this is one of the more positive ones you'll come across. Good support and great information to be found here. I find that just tracking things daily is a huge benefit all by itself.