Hello There!

Options
I'm kinda new.
I joined about a week or so ago, but started using MFP on Monday! I don't think I've made that great of a start, as I don't feel like I'm exercising enough... But, I'll get there soon enough! I mean, I haven't actually REALLY exercised since middle school athletics. I used to run track! Anyway, I hope this site helps me out with things. I also keep things written down in a little notebook that I carry around with me when I'm out... (I don't have a fancy smartphone >.>).

Hrmmm... I'm 22 years old, I'm at about 172 lbs right now and I'm 5'9". I'm looking to get down to 140, or at least somewhere around there by summertime. I'm just completely out of shape. My boyfriend is exercising with me and we support each other, but he's not on here. :P I would like to have some friends on here and more motivation/support! I'm trying to fight the 'need' to snack on something late at night, since I tend to stay up late for whatever reason... Ugh. That's a BIG problem with me... LATE NIGHT SNACKING! It's more of a habit than anything.

Also, in the end, I would really love to run in a marathon and to participate in more outdoor activities (biking, hiking, etc.) without getting tired. I've taken an interest in dancing... But, it's probably too late for me to get into that. :( I can try anyway! :D

Replies

• NoelleW
    NoelleW Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Best of luck! So the late night snacking thing has always been my struggle too. This last year I finally broke the habit. Guess how? I had to figure out why I was doing it.

Am I hungry - Nope
    Am I moody - NOPE - Well not every night, and I still wanna eat every night.
    Am I just tired - Could be
    Am I bored - Sometimes
    Am I alone - ALWAYS - DING DING DING, there it is I finally found it!!!!!

The only constant for me was that I would stuff my face when I was alone. The kids are in bed, the husband works nights and I am alone again...so I guess I will eat.

The reason I share this is because it is very hard to correct a behavior until you understand what triggers it. You may actually just be hungry, in which case have a healthy snack and stop beating yourself up. :)

Welcome!!!!
  • jenniix
    Options
    Hi!

Best of luck! So the late night snacking thing has always been my struggle too. This last year I finally broke the habit. Guess how? I had to figure out why I was doing it.

Am I hungry - Nope
    Am I moody - NOPE - Well not every night, and I still wanna eat every night.
    Am I just tired - Could be
    Am I bored - Sometimes
    Am I alone - ALWAYS - DING DING DING, there it is I finally found it!!!!!

The only constant for me was that I would stuff my face when I was alone. The kids are in bed, the husband works nights and I am alone again...so I guess I will eat.

The reason I share this is because it is very hard to correct a behavior until you understand what triggers it. You may actually just be hungry, in which case have a healthy snack and stop beating yourself up. :)

Welcome!!!!

Ah, well that makes sense haha.
    I know I'm not hungry when I snack late at night... I think it's mostly out of boredom, while I'm on the computer or watching TV. But, I think it's just came to a point where I do it out of habit now. I'd have one right about now... and I don't! I've been thinking about it after dinner and just kept telling myself not to get one, especially after what I ate for dinner... Ick. I don't need it! I just got a glass of water instead.

Thank you! You made me think more about it. :) I'm working on it.