101 Pounds Lost

Options
I am now about 2/3rd's the man I was just 29 weeks ago. I cannot believe it has only been 29 weeks since I got serious on MFP. After joining last spring/early summer, I didn't activly participate or think it would work for me. How much more wrong could I have been. Then in August we as a family made a decision to change our way of life and so my wife, daughter and myself started on this journey. We started by switching to low or non fat foods, whole grain bread, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, chicken, fish and beef once in a while, and no more butter (sorry Paula Dean). I weigh or measure everything that's not green. Through this I have been slowly converting my old recipes to new lower fat healthier versions that in most cases taste better because I'm using less processed ingredients. To date we have lost a combined 164 pounds. That's one less grown adult or a small horse missing in our household. To put the credit where it belongs, I would not have been able to do it if it were not for my friends on here. You all are the best and deserve the best and I cannot thank you enough for all your comments, suggestions, and words of encouragement. They mean more than you'll ever know. Most of all, it's your actions that encourage me the most. You lead by example. We stumble, we fall, but we get back up and keep going. We know that there is only one way we can fail and that is to stop trying. I made a promise to myself that i would not allow myself to post any success pictures until I reached 100# lost as a motivator to get it done. Well pictures are soon to follow. Thanks again to all of you. Just 44 more to go.

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! I am hoping to lose 120 lbs myself, at my heaviest, about a month ago I was 370, and have lost 29 lbs so far, keep up the great work.
  • jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You the man!!! Try lifting a hundred pound weight. I bet its hard to believe now that you carried that around all the time.
  • bunsie58
    Options
    Hi There, that is an awesome effort. Congratulations to all in your household.:smile:
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great change for your whole household. You all are inspirations :))
  • rmichel2
    Options
    AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing your success story, it's a real MOTIVATOR!! :happy:

Congrats on the BIG lost, lol!
    ~Becca
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Fantastic effort!!
  • sageslippers
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I feel more motivated myself!
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    ROCK on my friend. Great job(and...nice fish).
  • farmwife80
    farmwife80 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Here's to your healthier family!!! Woohoo!! What an awesome thing to do together. :bigsmile:
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats to you and your family! All it takes to lose is a conscious decision to do so... My wife and I started 1/1/2011 with changing our intake from 75% or more processed/manufactured foods to now less than 25% and most days less than 10%.. We eat mostly fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, ground turkey, and the like.. Together we have lost about 60 lbs in that time.. I am looking for new friends on here.. Sending you a request for sure!
  • jchapman1957
    jchapman1957 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments, they mean allot. It continues to prove that this community is the best. The fish picture is soon to be gone and replaced with a current picture and then again in a few months with one from the beaches of Aruba with my bride of 30+ years. Thanks again.
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wonderful and encouraging story. Congratulations to you and your family.
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an inspiration you are!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!