Military Wives

Options
2»

Replies

• girldeese
    Options
    Hi I'm a retired vet, and a mom of a soldier who is going to Iraq at the end of the year. So although I'm not a military wife I know it takes a special kind of person to be the spouse of a military person. While my son is getting ready to deploy I will take care of my grandson who I currently homeschool and having a ball. My prayers are always w/our soldiers, fly boys, jarheads and swabs:laugh:

You are so sweet and such a great g-ma to take over your Son's son while he is deployed. My husband has been to Iraq and on 4 other 6 month or more deployments in his career.....it's hard, but you sound like you have the motivation to do great!!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    Hi All! Retired now! Yeah!! Air Force stationed at Offutt AFB, Nebraska. We're really getting used to this retirement thing. My husband stills works there, just doesn't have to wear the uniform anymore.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Good Ole Fort Hood Texas, hubby is on his third vacation to Iraq and I have been with him since basic training. Been apart more then together since our wedding in 2002.

What unit is your husband in? My ex husband was 7-10 Cav/4th ID out of Fort Hood...
  • abjones80
    Options
    Not a wife, but I'm a soldier. Parachute rigger stationed at Fort Bragg. I see alot of unmotivated, unsupportive spouses here.... Good to see woman that want to be healthy and get out and exercise.... who support their husbands away or home! As a female in the ARMY, I respect your sacrifice! Thanks for supporting the troops!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    DH is retired Navy--Senior Chief--worked in the fighter jet community. Did a total of almost 6 deployments during his career, plus work-ups, dets, and who knows how many flights when he was Air Crew on P-3s. We lived in Florida, California, and TN, then finally made it back home to VA.

Loving that retirement check!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I am military and married to military -- double whammy!!

shore-- retirement check -- yes can't wait 6 more lovely years for me!!
    Interesting note -- been stationed at Pope (Ft Bragg) and Offutt. Currently deployed myself!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Formerly stationed at Fort Lost in the Woods, Misery
    (Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri)

That is soooo funny, my husband went to basic there and i didn't realize people really called it that, I thought it was something he and his buddies said!! LOL He hated that place!! Good Luck! haha

My bro went there for tech school. Called it the armpit of America :laugh:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    WE GOT ORDERS TO VIRGINIA!!! That's EXACTLY where we wanted to go!!! Our RNLT date is in May of next year! We've only been here "Hellsworth" for 2 years and we're already leaving! WOO-HOO!!!!! Can ya tell I'm excited!!:laugh:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome girlie!!! I'm a military wify as well. You will love it here...The greatest thing here, you won't ever have to leave anyone here behind when you move. YEY!

61903_7396_thumb.jpg
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    We are Coast Guard and living in CT. We moved to CT in 2004 where my husband taught at the Coast Guard Academy for three years before going to Boston for 2 years to be XO on a 270. I decided to stay in CT, since my inlaws are here and my friends are here plus he is out to sea most of the time. We will be moving summer of next year and I can't wait!!!!

Shout out to all the Military Wifes!! Woooooooooohooooooooooo :flowerforyou:
  • monica5237
    Options
    I am not military but my daddy was a marine for 20+ years and now still does civillian recriuting.

I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you military wives and to the ones that are in the military and have been deployed and the ones that have not been deployed. It is YOU that keeps us free and lets us have the things we have.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I raise a toast to you!!!!!!
  • proudarmywife06
    proudarmywife06 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm an Army wife of almost 4 years and me and the hubby are currently going through our second deployment. I moved back to Tuscaloosa Alabama while he is gone so I could be with my family, but we were stationed at Fort Hood Texas. Very big change and it's very stressful as a military wife and trying to diet at the same time. :-p Good luck to everyone!:drinker:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add me to the list! My hubby is active AF and we are stationed at Lackland in San Antonio, TX!!
  • SaintsFan
    SaintsFan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My husband is active Army. Been an Army wife for 13 years!! Currently stationed at Fort Lewis, WA, but moving to Fort Bliss, TX in about 2 weeks. Maybe some of you know something about Bliss. I am from El Paso but never went to that side of town. I am looking forward to getting out of rainy WA!!
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    that must me so hard i pray for military familes on a regular bacis
    i was a wreck when my husband was gone for 2 weeks on some stupid forest fires
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My husband is retired ARMY. I was in the ARMY myself for 4yrs. I got out, one soldier in the family was enough. :laugh: :laugh: Now our daughter is a Soldier herself, stationed in Ft Hood. Her husband is in Iraq. They have a 2 month old daughter. :flowerforyou: