Morning Star Veggie crumbles

Options
OMG, Never again.
Never to eat again.

I should have learned my lesson the first time.

My son is vegetarian and he gets to pick dinner a few nights a week. August he wnted gegetarian spaghetti, so I fixed it with spinach, tomatoes, garlic, dream fields low carb pasta nad Morning Star Veggie Crumbles.

I got sick!!!! Had to run to the potty twice..

So, not thinking about it this time, he wanted it again for dinner tonight.

Guess what?? Yep, not more then 30 minutes, trottin to the potty. Horrible stomach cramping this time.

Learn my lesson?? Why yes I have!!!!!

Anyone else experience this with the morning star products??

:sick: :yawn: :embarassed: :frown: :explode: :mad:

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    OMG, Never again.
    Never to eat again.

I should have learned my lesson the first time.

My son is vegetarian and he gets to pick dinner a few nights a week. August he wnted gegetarian spaghetti, so I fixed it with spinach, tomatoes, garlic, dream fields low carb pasta nad Morning Star Veggie Crumbles.

I got sick!!!! Had to run to the potty twice..

So, not thinking about it this time, he wanted it again for dinner tonight.

Guess what?? Yep, not more then 30 minutes, trottin to the potty. Horrible stomach cramping this time.

Learn my lesson?? Why yes I have!!!!!

Anyone else experience this with the morning star products??

:sick: :yawn: :embarassed: :frown: :explode: :mad:
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    Is it possible he could have a soy and/or gluten intolerance/allergy?
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    No--I've been eating morningstar for longer than I can remember, probably 20 years, if they're that old.

I can't handle real meat.

It's individual for everyone.

I got a friend who will run to the bathroom every time he has meat, and he's eats meat pretty much 2 meals a day. Would've thought he'd go vegetarian from that alone.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I have to watch what I eat or be near a bathroom right after I eat because I cant hold it. But mine is because I no longer have a gallbladder. It goes right through me. I have some of those veggie crumbles but havent tried them yet. I will have to see if it makes me go to the bathroom also.

Connie
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have never had a problem digesting any of the Morningstar products. Sorry they make you guys :sick:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Is it possible he could have a soy and/or gluten intolerance/allergy?

I eat soy all the time. I just don't get it..... but I got it and I don't want it again!!!!
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    It's very strange. Do you ever eat anything else by Morningstar Farms? Veggie burgers or anything? Cause if something else of theirs makes you sick, then I'd say it's possibly just the processed foods. I stopped eating the crumbles because I realized buying TVP was a much cheaper solution, but I've never gotten sick. However, I have a friend who found out she had a gluten intolerance because she went "low carb" and started getting nauseous after eating veggie burgers all the time.