New & in need of inspiration!

Options
Hi I'm Dana.
I need to get healthy and take off some weight. I would like to call it baby weight, but seeing as my son is now 1 1/2, it's not baby weight, it's fat! I'm only 21 and if I don't get healthy now while I'm young I'm worried I never will.
I would love any tips, advice, encouragement, or constructive critizism. I do well with insults. Like telling me to get off my lazy butt and hit the gym. Please help me get this done!!

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hello Dana, and welcome to the site. This place is full of resources and great people who are willing to help and support you in any way they can, you can add me if you would like, and I will try to help the best I can.
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great site. It should be easy to take off some weight at your age. Good Luck.
  • jessit72
    Options
    You can do it!! Of all people I know that you are very capable!
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! The community here is AMAZING! First things first, it's always baby weight if you put in during your pregnancy and didn't gain any more after the baby (like I did, LOL) ;)! I think adding friends here on MFP has helped me quite a bit because I have people that I don't want to let down! Trust in the what MFP has set up for you and you can't go wrong! There's lots of helpful info the forums as well, which I often get lost in, LOL! If you want to add me as a friend then feel free!
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome

Ive been here since July 2010, I did well then I fell back into old habits and gained 10lbs. But now I feel that this time when I lose them I am saying goodbye to them forever. So now I'm kinda starting again.
    Still got a long way to go til my goal. But I have learnt that however desperate I am to see big numbers every weigh in, this isn't actually an episode of biggest loser, this is my life and slow and steady definitely wins the race!

Put yourself out there and add people from the forums, if you this they will give you motivation and support from the replies they have written to other posts, just put in a friend request.

Good Luck