doesn't seem to be working

Options
Hi all, yes I'm a newbie.

Not sure how i'm supposed to do all this but am trying to stick to the 1200 cals an am exercising...and am wondering why I haven't lost a size at least. I may be new here but have been doing the same thing for a month and my size hasn't gone down yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories and drinking lots of water?
  • JohnnyPolo23
    Options
    Could be a number of things. What kinds of food are you eating? How much water are you drinking? How intense are your exercises? Perhaps you need to cut out some more calories (although you are pretty low as it is). If you are eating healthy, are drinking plenty of water, are working out for at least 30 minutes a few times every week during something that causes you to be drenched in sweat, and getting plenty of sleep then you might want to consult a dietician. However, your body may just be pre-disposed to your weight. My body, for example, loves to be around 150 lbs. Whenever I try to drop below that, my body fights the weight loss.

Study your body and see how it works. Most health gurus recommend five to six small meals per day. That does not work for me. My body naturally stays full for a long time and I tend to gain weight when I eat more than my body prefers (which is roughly three times a day). I do a lot of rigorous exercising and have a physically demanding job, but still my body just doesn't like to snack. Also, I tend to bloat if I drink water in the mornings. For whatever reason, my body does not enjoy water until I've been up for a few hours. I tend to feel sick if I drink water within the first two hours of waking up. Weird I know, but that is just how my body operates. Have you tried keeping a journal of your weight progress? I mean one in conjunction to this site. Spend a few weeks writing down how you feel physically after eating or drinking your typical diet. That has helped me tremendously.
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It takes a matter of weeks to change metabolism. I've read very different stats, but they have indicated between 6-9 weeks generally. Once the metabolism kicks in, change occurs.
  • nileighttig
    nileighttig Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Have you taken your measurements and body fat percentage? A few months ago i was in exactly the same place as you - in 6 weeks i'd only lost 3lbs and was getting really disheartened. I popped on the scales at Boots Pharmacy and when i compared my print-out to the last one i realised i'd lost 9lbs of fat but had put on 6lbs of muscle! Stick at it and the inches will slowly melt away - good luck honey!