Loosing Inches But Not Pounds....

Options
Hello everyone,

I've been watching what I eat and exercising 3 times a week (a little sporadically over the festive period I'll admit) for about 5 months now and I have been measuring myself to keep track of the changes. I've noticed that I'm losing the weight on the tape measure and have been shocked as the scales are barely moving.

Any suggestions why and how to get the scales moving too?

Replies

• JohnnyPolo23
    Options
    You have to understand that weight consists of more than just fat. I know that is obvious, but that is how most people view the scale results. If you are losing inches, but not body weight it probably means that you are burning fat while maintaining water and building muscle. You could also just have a faulty scale (I've had a few myself). The important aspect is that you are reshaping your body in a positive way which means you are making great progress!
  • penne356
    Options
    Sorry I can't offer any help but I have a question.

How do I lose inches instead of weight? Any tips, anyone?
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I only lost 3 pounds this last month, but lost 2" off my waist. Not trying, that's just what happened. My diary is public: don't know if there's anything in there that could help.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't offer any help but I have a question.

How do I lose inches instead of weight? Any tips, anyone?

I'd like to know too! I've lost 33lbs in 5 months but don't seem to be losing the inches. I'm desperate to get down a dress size, but it's just not happening!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Weight training will take the inches off. I've been doing "Power Pump" and "Boot camp" for the last couple of months. My waist is now smaller than it was before I had kids and my hips are smaller than they've ever been.
    I love what weights do for my body!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    im definitely losing both, but more inches than pounds...i weigh in tomorrow, and im not really expecting much of a loss, but i am expecting at least and 1/2-1" gone from my mid section.