another newbie

Options
Hi there,
I've only just joined MFP, but am hoping that this will be the tool that finally helps keep me focussed enough, for long enough, that I'll lose the weight this time. I've got about 2 stone to lose in total, and want to reach my goal weight by my birthday in August. I've been exercising for a couple of months but only just started the dieting bit to go with it! Using MPF on my phone, and can't believe how easy it is to use. Have looked at other people's posts and am inspired by the amount that they've lost, as well as all the support that everyone provides. Fingers crossed!!!

Replies

• owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Welcome

Ive been here since July 2010, I did well then I fell back into old habits and gained 10lbs. But now I feel that this time when I lose them I am saying goodbye to them forever. So now I'm kinda starting again.
    Still got a long way to go til my goal. But I have learnt that however desperate I am to see big numbers every weigh in, this isn't actually an episode of biggest loser, this is my life and slow and steady definitely wins the race!

Put yourself out there and add people from the forums, if you this they will give you motivation and support from the replies they have written to other posts, just put in a friend request.

Good Luck
  • JoanCG
    JoanCG Posts: 22
    Options
    I am pretty new myself and this site has really helped me. Welcome and good luck to you on your weight loss!!:flowerforyou:
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, this site is great, and you will do awesome here. Lots of support and motivation from a lot of great people. Feel free to add me if you would like some friends.
  • reikichris
    Options
    Welcome! I only just started in January, but so far it has been great. The diary really helps me stay on track, and when I start to slide, the great MFP members are there. I agree, make friends and check out the forums.

You can do it! Good luck!
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a wonderful tool to help you with counting your calories and support when you need it!
  • nicegirl06
    Options
    Can't believe how many responses I got so quickly. Makes me feel even more positive about joining. Thanks everyone, and good luck to all of you too!!!!