Maybe I didn't lose?

Options
Dear members,
I find myself frustrated this morning. I went to weigh in but I weighed more than I weighed since my last weigh in. I'm wondering if it's a problem with my scale? It can vary by a couple of pounds at times but it's been behaving lately. Also I can be somewhat irregular if you know what I mean. That can cause the scale to go up a pound or 2. I have been under or at my calorie goals so what's up with this? I dont' believe I have gained anything so didn't log it. I will try again tomorrow. Also I had 2 mugs of water late last night. Could that have anything to do with it?

Replies

• leebluejay
    Options
    If you've been working out, you could have gained muscle--that's what is happening to me. I lost 5 lbs and now I'm only down 1 lb, but what I've gained back is muscle. If you have access to a scale with a body fat calculator or you get it measured by someone, do so--it's more accurate than just tracking your weight. I have a spreadsheet on my computer where I just plug in my weight and body fat %, then it shows me how many lbs are body fat and how many are muscle. It helps to keep me from getting discouraged. If you are gaining muscle, at some point, you'll level off and start dropping weight again.
  • Rae12
    Rae12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and have since quit counting weight loss by pounds. I was so frustrated seeing the scale change so much, even in just 1 day! I go by measurements now of belly, thighs and neck. :)
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My dear buddy, I'll you something. DON'T be discouraged. It could be your scale. It could be water retention. It could ever be that the plumbing might be a backed up (if so maybe try Activia?)

TMI here... I know Aunt Flo is visiting me in a day or 2 and I typically retain water right before. So knowing that and seeing my rings becoming tight overnight, out of curiosity I weighed myself to find out that I am 4lbs heavier than the day before. I don't normally weigh self back to back, but I wanted to know since I sensed it in my hands. If I were a betting woman, I would bet that when i weigh in next week that I'll have a loss/not a gain as things get back to normal. In the meantime I will try to eat less soups or canned beans and opt for fresh so I don't feel so bloated.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Other than all the ther stuff I see people wrote, another thing may be the batteries in your scale. I know I have to change them once in a while when the weights are just not right. When I suspect this is happening, I will step on the scale, then again and again a few times, if the weights vary too much like ranging over 5 lbs or something then I will replace the batteries. If they all range within 1 lbs, then I leave it for now.