Anyone play Kinect?

Options
So in leiu of getting a treadmill, we opted to get the Xbox Kinect and a bunch of games. I bought the following games:

- Your Shape
- Dance Central
- Kinectimals (for the kids)
- Fighters Uncaged
- Zumba

and the kinect came with the Adventures Game.

I can tell you right now, the Zumba and the Fighters Uncaged are going to KICK MY BUTT! The Zumba has a 20 minute beginner routine. I just got done with 5 minutes and had to take a break (I've been dieting, but just starting on the whole exercising part of it... I'm SO out of shape!). But I'm going to do the whole 20 minutes at least 5 times a week, if not 7.

Do any of you use the Kinect for exercise/weight loss?

Replies

• tcampy65
    Options
    Hi! I have Kinect and I, too, have the zumba and games that came with the Kinect, and I have one other exercise game, but, I'm not sure if it's the your shape (i think it is)...I haven't been using them yet other than the games and zumba beginning one time. I did get pretty sore from the games even though I didn't realize it at the time because it was so much fun! I'm excited about this system because I had problems with my Wii controllers and it's almost scary (and it's really cool) how it can read and follow my movements and scan my height! Good luck with your workouts...you've motivated me to get back into it...it's been sitting for a couple of weeks (as have I...haha)! :laugh:
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I play the Adventures with my nephews at their house. It kicks my butt!! But, I like it lol
  • dragonz11
    dragonz11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hiya

yup i use kinect for weight loss,i have been useing ur shape and the biggest loser :0) im also out off shape and i find after about 10mins im sweeting like a dirty littie piggie LOL

how do u find the zumba game? is it easy?
    i love the kinect am so glad ive got it becouse when its raining i can turn it on and get a workout in :0)
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I haven't been using them yet other than the games and zumba beginning one time. I did get pretty sore from the games even though I didn't realize it at the time because it was so much fun! I'm excited about this system because I had problems with my Wii controllers and it's almost scary (and it's really cool) how it can read and follow my movements and scan my height! Good luck with your workouts...you've motivated me to get back into it...it's been sitting for a couple of weeks (as have I...haha)! :laugh:

Haha, yeah, when the Your Shape scanned me and made my avatar, I was quite perturbed for the next couple days. All my boyfriend heard was, "I can't believe that's actually what I look like... I'm never playing that game again" LOL!! Good for you, get back into it! We'll do it together! :)

The Zumba game is MUCH harder to follow than the Dance Central one... and much more face paced. But, I can already tell it's a better workout.
  • sabcooke
    sabcooke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's great and I do the wii as well so I don't get bored lol
  • jerjan
    jerjan Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome way to get inshape!! Fun and yet makes you break a sweat. I'm hooked on Dance Central. :wink:
  • hutch1969
    Options
    well a kinect it is for me
  • TrinityPixie4
    Options
    I just got the Kinect today. I only have two games so far: The Adventures game (that came with it) and THe Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout. I would like to get Your Shape and Zumba in the future, maybe a couple more.

I haven't gotten around to trying the games out, since we (hubby and I) just set it up. I will keep everyone updated on what I think about the games, although I'm pretty sure the Biggest Loser will kick my butt.
  • tcampy65
    Options
    I haven't been using them yet other than the games and zumba beginning one time. I did get pretty sore from the games even though I didn't realize it at the time because it was so much fun! I'm excited about this system because I had problems with my Wii controllers and it's almost scary (and it's really cool) how it can read and follow my movements and scan my height! Good luck with your workouts...you've motivated me to get back into it...it's been sitting for a couple of weeks (as have I...haha)! :laugh:

Haha, yeah, when the Your Shape scanned me and made my avatar, I was quite perturbed for the next couple days. All my boyfriend heard was, "I can't believe that's actually what I look like... I'm never playing that game again" LOL!! Good for you, get back into it! We'll do it together! :)

The Zumba game is MUCH harder to follow than the Dance Central one... and much more face paced. But, I can already tell it's a better workout.
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Loving it! I use zumba and dance central for my cardio and alternate weight training. Use the wii just dance and fit board for variety but kinect is our household fav. I have had game night with family and friends and it was fun and a workout for all, most called and told me how sore they were the next day. Dance central is addictive!
  • tcampy65
    Options

I know...I absolutely HATE the snapshot pictures....I have to face the fact that I look worse than I think I do....!
  • kittyinaz
    Options
    I know...I absolutely HATE the snapshot pictures....I have to face the fact that I look worse than I think I do....!

LOL exactly. I'm like "pffttt, there's no way I look THAT awful...." LOL. So that game is shoved away for a month or so :P
  • poemelke
    Options
    So in leiu of getting a treadmill, we opted to get the Xbox Kinect and a bunch of games. I bought the following games:

- Your Shape
    - Dance Central
    - Fighters Uncaged
    - Zumba

I can tell you right now, the Zumba and the Fighters Uncaged are going to KICK MY BUTT! The Zumba has a 20 minute beginner routine. I just got done with 5 minutes and had to take a break (I've been dieting, but just starting on the whole exercising part of it... I'm SO out of shape!). But I'm going to do the whole 20 minutes at least 5 times a week, if not 7.

• poemelke
    Options

- Your Shape
    - Dance Central
    - Fighters Uncaged
    - Zumba

So out of all fitness/weight loss games what you think is the best
  • dragonz11
    dragonz11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just got the Kinect today. I only have two games so far: The Adventures game (that came with it) and THe Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout. I would like to get Your Shape and Zumba in the future, maybe a couple more.

I haven't gotten around to trying the games out, since we (hubby and I) just set it up. I will keep everyone updated on what I think about the games, although I'm pretty sure the Biggest Loser will kick my butt.

the biggest loser kicks my butt,10mins in2 it im sweating like a piggy LOL
  • kittyinaz
    Options
    So out of all fitness/weight loss games what you think is the best
    I think the Zumba one is great for cardio, but the Your Shape is a butt kicker too for something more in between Strength and Cardio.
  • TrinityPixie4
    Options

the biggest loser kicks my butt,10mins in2 it im sweating like a piggy LOL

I just played it yesterday, it kicked my butt too. Also I need to remember when I play that game to wear my workout clothes, I had to keep pulling up my pants.
  • malissaperkins
    Options
    i thought i would really like your shape....but it's really slow paced. you cant do a constant workout with it. unless i havent found that part...
  • surra
    surra Posts: 33
    Options
    I have it too! Let me know what you think of the fighter game!

I use Your Shape. So far, my favorite is the cardio boxing under the fitness programs. Right now I'm doing the full 12 min silver routine. I started to unlock the gold, but haven't unlocked the full thing yet. I also bought the add on of the Bollywood routines. I'm only on the 1st 4 min section! I want to be able to learn those moves before I move one, but it's fun learning something completely different!

We also have the sports game, which can be a workout too!! The track one you have to run in place and jump the hurdles. the boxing and table tennis can get ya sweating too!
  • surra
    surra Posts: 33
    Options
    i thought i would really like your shape....but it's really slow paced. you cant do a constant workout with it. unless i havent found that part...

When you go to personal training, pick choose activity and they have full workouts you can pick from. I remember seeing a nivea sponsored one and some others that are longer workouts.
    Also when you go to fitness programs, you can do cardio boxing or the zen (or yen...something like that!). You have to first do each 4 min section of each level, but once you do them all, you can unlock the full sessions.