Awesome Filling Breakfasts that don't include eggs

Options
Hey All,

I'm looking for some awesome (hopefully quick) but filling breakfast options that don't include eggs.
Aside from the cholesterol that I end up taking in from the yolks - I just get tired of them!

Any suggestions?

Double Points if they're portable!

Replies

• JBDub
    JBDub Posts: 2
    Options
    Oatmeal with Splenda in a thermos with an apple or banana and a small vegetable juice.

Quick and practically no preparation involved.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese w/ pears, peaches, or pretty much any type of fruit you like....it quick, it's healthy, and it's packed with protein, which will fill you up nicely.
  • traceytoo
    Options
    :bigsmile: yummmmmm, I take oat so simple (with the syrup taste in it) with me, in a pot with milk ready made up for work - delicious and keeps me filled up for ages ..
  • emmascott
    Options
    A friend on here pointed out to me that we dont have to have normal breakfast things for breakfast (90% of the time i do though) lol. You have crackers and low fat cheese with some grapes? Ive made myself hungry now !!! lol Good luck x
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon BLT on wheat toast! My favorite! You can add lots of veggies to make it more filling. And its roughly around 200 calories depending on the bread. I add Fat Free Mayo to mine. :) you should try it! Butterball is the best!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I quite enjoy peanut butter on a slice of toast with a banana on the side. Very filling and keeps me full a long time. It's also a very fast breakfast on mornings when I'm running late!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oats and a Morningstar Farms sausage patty. Incredibly filling! Both portable--just stick them in the microwave when you get to work!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Slice up an apple and dip it in 1 TBS of melted peanut butter. :love:
  • tammydspice
    Options
    Tuna. I know it sounds weird but have a can of tuna and then a piece of fruit and it will def fill you up for the morning!!
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    Here is my favorite

1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup plain yogurt or vanilla
    1/2 cup grapes
    1oz peanuts

This is the best when I first made it I thought no way this will be good but I LOVE IT!!!!!! Keeps me full too.
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Great ideas everyone!

Oatmeal, oatmeal & more oatmeal! It's so good for you and really filling. Have about 30g of oats with semi-skimmed milk, add in some walnuts, crushed flaxseeds and top with sliced banana - yummy! This should keep you going at least 4 hours.

But other options would be cereals like Kashi GoLean, Fruit, cream of wheat, lean cold cut and low fat on a ww pita and granola on yoghurt, Some people even swear by protein shakes!

On weekends, or when you have time making some ww and oatmeal pancakes!
  • bbw265
    bbw265 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yup wierd Tammy, ive yet to try it but will do in honour of your suggestion!!!
  • drmelynda_2000
    drmelynda_2000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat steel cut oats (or another hearty hot cereal) with some canned pumpkin, splenda, and spices to taste. Sometimes I'll have vegetarian sausage with it. This keeps me full in the mornings and doesn't take long to make (under 5mins). The oatmeal mixture is about 200cals.
    I also make a delicious vegan quiche loaded with veggies and a hash brown crust. Great to make ahead of time for breakfast or any meal. Just under 200cals per serving. Here is the recipe:
    Ingredients
    For crust
    2 potatoes
    salt & pepper to taste
    olive oil cooking spray
    For filling
    1 package lite silken tofu
    1/4c soymilk
    2 tbl earth balance
    1/5c chopped onion
    1 1/4c chopped mushrooms
    3 cups baby spinach
    1c daiya "cheese" shreds (1/2 chedder & 1/2 motzarella)
    spices to taste (I usually use garlic, chili powder, italian seasonings, salt and pepper)
    Preheat the oven to 350
    Grate the potatoes
    Spray them with cooking spray, toss with salt and pepper
    Pack them into a sprayed pie tin, this is your crust
    Bake about 10-15mins until starting to brown
    Saute the onions, mushrooms and spinach with the earth balance add spices
    In a blender combine tofu, cheeses, soymilk and spices until smooth
    Gently combine the blender mixture with veggies
    Pour the filling into the crust
    Bake for 30-45mins or until golden and firm
    Great the next day! Enjoy :)
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Today I had a toasted English muffin with 1 laughing cow cheese, a sliced roma tomato, and a few slices of turkey lunch meat. Warmed it up for about 15 seconds in the microwave. It was tasty and portable.
  • amycakes812
    Options
    My go to breakfast during the week is a protien shake.
    Aria Protien powder (only 80 cal/ serving)
    1 cup skim milk
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup frozen mango or mixed berries (depending on if the kids have eaten all of my mango for the week!)
    1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt

Blend it all together, throw it in a travel mug and drink on the way to work.
    It is around 300 calories, and very filing...plus it gives me a great start on fruit and dairy servings for the day!
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi again,

I wanted to also suggest legume based foods forbreakfast like hummous, lentil hummous, even things like a lentil taco etc. These are really nice ways to get the much added proteion in the AM.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Homemade Muesli!

1/2 c. old fashioned oats
    1 tbls. each dried unsweetened cranberries, raisins, slivered almonds and sunflower seeds
    1c. water
    dash cinnamon
    1/4 c. fat free milk
    splenda to taste.

Place all ingredients except milk and splenda in small saucepan and cook over medium heat five minutes stirring almost constantly. Pour into a bowl and add milk and splenda. This is packed with healthy fiber and will keep you full til lunch.

I make 2 cups of this at a time and portion it out for 4 breakfasts and keep them in the fridge. Just leave out the milk....all you need to do is nuke it for a minute or so, add the milk and splenda and you have a quick breakfast!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I like greek yogurt or Kafir (160 cals per serving) and a toaster waffle (100 cals per waffle)-Van's makes one with flax and omega-3's and I just toast it and spray with a little I Can't Believe it's not butter spray. You can smear with PB, jam, or nutella, whatever you prefer.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I will have to try some of these...most of the time I just have Sara Lee Brown Sugar Cinnaman bread....sometimes with a little peanut butter....
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning was totally portable, lots of variety and under 300 cals. I had 1 Van's frozen waffle (100), 1 activia vanilla yogurt (120), 2 strips of Jenni-O turkey bacon (40 cals) and a cup of coffee with a quarter cup of milk (25 cals). I do have a toaster and microwave at work, though.