What size????

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My biggest 14/16 about 15 yrs ago. I started going down after that and then yoyoing between 7 to 10/11 for many yrs. I am proud to say I am pretty much at my goal now. Of course, you all know, it all depends on the type of clothes and the brand. The smallest size I've bought lately is pants size 2 and my jeans are 4 or 5. Tops and dresses xsmall and small. :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Smallest... 4/6
    Largest... 16 (and maternity previous to that)
    Current & Goal... 4/6 (I'm pretty much there, just want things to fit better!)

And as for height, I'm 5'7".
  • gameset
    gameset Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey Monica- I too am 5'9- and a medium frame- i have skinny wrists (thats about all thats skinny on me!!) but at my lowest i was 150 lbs, and about a size 10- 8 on top sometimes- and that was comfortable for me. I was not super skinny, but i felt good.

Hope that helps
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Smallest 3/4
    Largest 16
    Now 12/14
    Goal 6/8

BTW, I'm only 5'2", average frame.
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My smallest was 3 biggest 9 now I wear a 5/7 and more like a 5 goal is 3
    Btw before someone thinks I am crazy I am only 5'1:laugh:
  • back2beingme
    Options
    At my smallest post babies (two of three anyways) was a 6/8
    My largest came after my second...16
    My current size is 8, some 10s (one year after my third baby!)
    Goal...8 and some 6s. (And no more babies...:wink: )

YAY! For everyone on the right track to better health, and, let's face it, lookin' HOT!!!

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Post-puberty, my smallest was Sophomore year in highschool, wore a size 3 and weighed 115. My largest was Senior year in highschool and Freshie in college, wore a size 13 and weighed 155. My current size is a 5/7 and I weigh 139. My goal size is a 3/4 and 120 lbs.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    smallest - 14 (all through high school)
    biggest - 18 + (I prolly should have been wearing a 20:ohwell: )
    size now - 10/12
    goal size - a comfy 8
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    smallest: 8
    biggest: 23
    now: 18
    goal: 10
  • laurie49120
    laurie49120 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree what is your target weight? if you want you can send that to my email so it is not posted for all to see but I am also tall 5'9 and i think a size 10 would be good but what weight is that? I want to get to 165 or 170 but my dr says 155

Hmmm! I wonder where your doctor got that number from?

I am 5'7" and I am currently shooting for 150-155. My weight right now is 162-165 and I am comfortable in a size 12 (yay!). I had my body fat % tested at the YMCA a few months ago, and based on their recommended goal of 23% body fat for women, they said my target weight should be 155. I think I might be able to go below 23%, hence why I am shooting for 150. I have a large frame, and doubt that I could get lower than a size 10, but we'll see.

I am also 5'9. Yes, the target weight can be between 130 - 160 - however, your frame determines better what weight you should be. I find that targeting a specific % body weight is a healthier goal. When I got out of boot camp (I used to be in the Navy) I weighed 165, was 22% body fat and had a four pack of abs. ... of course - I was still outside the healthy range for weight in my height, but I was completely healthy....

you just have to use all of these recommendations collectively to determine what is healthiest for your body.

When I was "normal" size, I was 170 lbs. and wore a size 14, and I looked underweight at that weight and size. . I am 5 11 and have a large frame (bigggg wrists!). It does depend on your body type and height. And these are just recommendations. Each person is different. It does depend healthwise on what kind of weight it is, and what your nutrition is. My goal weight is 200 lbs. (about a 16-18) , which the bariatric surgeon thinks is about right for my frame.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    smallest: 2
    biggest: 16
    now: 6/7(can fit in a 4, depends on the brand)
    goal: I'm already there!:flowerforyou:
  • blueenvy
    blueenvy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My smallest was a size four and I don't know if my waist will ever be that size again. My biggest was a size 22 I'm now a size eighteen / twenty. i'd be happy as a ten lol but who knows a four would be too

90571.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    smallest - 4
    biggest - 14
    now - 11/12
    goal - 5/6

Add me too on the "I'm not crazy I'm short" thing - 5'3" in fact. I think the first time I realized I was chubby was when my 8's didn't fit. :ohwell:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    smallest - 0
    biggest - 10
    current - 8
    goal- 6
  • blueenvy
    blueenvy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm five foot so I know I should weigh like 110 but seriously I'd be happy at 120.

90571.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • jamdblake4
    Options
    Okay just curious.

What size where you when you were your smallest?

What size when you were at your biggest?

Size that you are now?

Goal Size?

For me Size 3, Size 16, size 12, size 8
    I think my smallest size was a onize I can remember mom taking me out of the sink after bathtime, or it was a cloth diaper.:laugh:
    my largest has been a 38 waist :sad: I was 250#
    I'm now in a size 32 waist:noway:
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Oh, and women's sizes are complete crap. I once had a pair of 7/8's that I wore until the bottoms were shreaded (short...step on them a lot) and the knees were threadbare. I remember them - Levi, classic flare, 7/8. I found the exact same pair in the store new, I was wearing the old ones (they were maybe 2 years old). I pulled the old ones off without undoing them, and couldn't even get the new ones past my knees! :mad: You going to tell me I stretched them THAT MUCH? Nu uh. That was when I started noticing you pay more for smaller sizes. The more expensive the jeans, the smaller size I wore in that brand. Once had a 4 bigger than an 11. :huh:
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    Monica, this may help. I'm 5'8, medium/large frame, and at 165 with 27% body fat... I wore a size 12. (Body fat % will make a difference in what size you wear, because fat takes up more space but weights less then muscle). I bet 155 would be a great weight for you.

Here are my numbers:
    Smallest size: 10
    Largest: 14
    Current: 12's are big, 10's are small. I hate that!
    Goal: 8
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    smallest ... 3
    largest .... 10
    now ......... 8
    goal ......I just want to get rid of my stomach / love handles.
    I don't really care much about the actual size.
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    Okay, I feel huge. :laugh:

Smallest- 11 (5'1 and 130 lbs)
    Biggest: 32 (5'1 and 305 lbs)
    Currently- 26-ish depending on bloating and clothing brand
    Goal- 16 would be nice :smile: