Protein bars

Options
What is the best tasting protein bar brand??

Replies

• swbmcknight
    Options
    I usually go with the atkins brand bars, but only the daybreak ones since they're the lowest in calories. The apple crisp ones are good. The cranberry almond ones taste like sawdust though.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I like power bars... they are really good taste wise. I also have tried Slimfasts protein bars and they ROCK!

Luna bars not so much. They have a sour after taste.

Cliff bars are also pretty good.

I would suggest going to the super market and buying what ever is on sale, and try it. and then keep doing that until you find one that you like. that is what I have done, and my favorite are the chocolate power bars.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I like Luna protein.. they have a peanut butter one that is really good. Not a bar but I also like the light version of the EAS shakes - the strawberry one is the best. :)
  • SeaShell33
    Options
    I like the cliff protein bars. I think the are high in cals though...but aren't they all :happy:
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Honey Stinger Dark Chocolate Coconut Almond Pro, or rocket chocolate which is a protein/energy bar.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Clif Builders Bars. They are awesome. All natural ingredients, most of which are all organic. Probably not the choice for someone on 1200 calories a day as they have 270. I eat one everyday as an afternoon snack but I'm eating 2,500 calories a day. Helps with the sweet tooth.

tim.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    I find the best tasting bar thats not totally bad for you is either clif bars or kashi... but they are packed full of sugar. If you are wanting to watch you sugar and perservative intake then I would suggest a fruit and nut bar or I have a fantastic recipie for homemade protien bars if you want it!
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I prefer Clif Builders.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My favorites are clif bars, clif builders bars, luna bars, luna protein bars, kashi go lean rolls.

My husband also likes the kashi go lean crunch bars.

I really hate the power bars and balance bars - I don't like so much of that that dense super chewy sometimes grainy texture.