weight loss soups

Options
Hey there,

Has anybody tried these soup diets thats available out there? Is it any good? Is it worth trying?

Let me know what you think!

Louis

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I make a cabbage soup and a couple Weight Watchers type soups a couple times a year. If you want recipes..I can provide.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Oh no, not the soup diet, hahaha!
    This was a huge thing at work. It was a potato soup or something like that. All I remember was that on Day 4 (or one day of the week) you could only eat the soup and 7 tomatos. SEVEN tomatos. Just the thought makes me want to puke, But with that being said, both co-workers lost a lot of weight. But it just seemed like torture. Maybe there are better options that don't involve seven tomatos, lol.
  • mogzBH
    mogzBH Posts: 50
    Options
    I've tried some and not found them very filling, half an hour or so after eating I'm wanting to snack on somethign a bit more substantial.
    Try making home made soups, you can control what goes in them and make them nice and chunky with tasty veg!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Now, I've never done a soup diet....but I love soups.....my favorites are the Progresso soups....SO GOOD....and very filling for me anyway....by themselves...or I'll have a salad with them.....my favorites are the Rich & Hearty Beef Pot Roast, Chicken and Sausage Gumbo...Chicken Tortilla....and the Vegetable Classic Vegetable.....I keep a couple of them at my desk at work.....and when I don't have time to make a lunch to bring....I'll just eat them....YUM...
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i make a HUGE pot of soup every couple weeks (it makes anywhere from 17 - 20 cups of soup, depending on how far i let it reduce).
    its made from a variety of vegetables... tomatoes, zucchini, cabbage, onions, fresh garlic, carrots and celery. i cook it in water (i originally used chicken broth, but the sodium was outrageous). I season it with curry powder, bay leaves and paprika and some other spices to make it nice and spicy. I let it cook for about 2 hours... then i let it cool and puree it so it becomes a nice thick soup.

i added the recipe in here into the recipe builder, and it only comes to approx. 34 calories A CUP!!
    and a whole bunch of potassium, and roughly 30+ mg of sodium!!
  • rebecca_goss0
    Options
    My mother use to make peel a pound soup...cabbage and V8 and salt and pepper I think. I think just finding healthy food is good, soup all the time may get old.
  • Wandami
    Wandami Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Progresso soups! I'm sitting at my desk at this moment enjoying a bowl along with my boiled eggs and salad. I eat soup everyday for lunch. I never get tired of it....lol