Always Hungry!

Options
2»

Replies

• dabomb5198
    Options
    I eat 5 or 6 small meals a day. I was always hungry when I ate 3 meals a day but by eating more often (same amount of calories) i feel much more satisifed.
  • izzys1mom
    Options
    As a single mom I know that eating healthy can be expensive, but I try to find good sales. I have cut out the processed food and stopped all diet soda drinking. I have NO hunger issues (in fact sometimes have to force myself to eat) however I noticed in your food diary you are eating a lot of bread (white) and a lot of processed foods. Whole grains, beans, fruit, and veggies will fill you up so much more and be much more satisfying. If you are having trouble coming up with ideas (I did) check out sparkpeople.com they have a great recipe section and my daughter and I are having a great time fixing new things but also trying to make them even healthier. Hope this helps....best of luck!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I eat raw carrots. It's low calorie, tasty, and crunchy.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to curb my appetite. I eat things with protein and things that are suppose to keep you full longer but nothing works. I am belly grumbling all the time. I drink lots of water as well. Would protein shakes help? I have heard they are good for you and I have heard they are bad. I don't know what to do to stop being hungry. Please, any information would be appreciated. :happy:

First, I would ditch the Wonderbread. Even the "whole wheat white" would be better if you aren't used to whole wheat bread. It's just fluffy and while it has a lot of calories it isn't very satisfying, long term.

One of my favorite breakfasts are the Quaker Oats "high fiber" instant oatmeal packets. They are only 180 calories or so, but will keep me full for hours.

Snacking on raw veggies (even with some fat-free ranch to dip it in) can be an easy low-calorie snack.

Also, you have to look at what you're spending your calories on. 300 calories for two slices of texas toast could go towards a LOT more food - a wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese on 7 Triscuits would only be 155 calories. About 16 baby carrots with two tablespoons of fat free ranch would only be 60-70 calories. Your body is going to burn through that toast quickly, but if you ate a couple of sticks of string cheese that would only be 120 calories.

I hope this was helpful!
  • Bryce58
    Bryce58 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I try to walk for up to an hour each day. Having done that, I can essentially eat what I crave (within limits) and not feel hungry. If I don't exercise during a day, I find I need to carefully watch what I eat and can feel deprived/hungry.