need motivation to stay on track

Options
Hi - my name is Heidi, I have been over weight for well over 9 years now, but have gained most of my weight over the past 7 yrs. from 3 pregnancies. It has been the most difficult weight to lose. And to top that off I have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, which makes it difficult to eat when you have a very busy schedule. My doctor provided medication to help with my diabetes and recomended the "south beach" diet, which seems to have be working. but now my weight is back to fluctuating. I am so glad I found this site to help me track what I am eating and provide visuals for me to see my progress. Best of all it's FREE! Good luck to all on your weight loss goals.

Replies

• hkratt
    Options
    Hi - my name is Heidi, I have been over weight for well over 9 years now, but have gained most of my weight over the past 7 yrs. from 3 pregnancies. It has been the most difficult weight to lose. And to top that off I have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, which makes it difficult to eat when you have a very busy schedule. My doctor provided medication to help with my diabetes and recomended the "south beach" diet, which seems to have be working. but now my weight is back to fluctuating. I am so glad I found this site to help me track what I am eating and provide visuals for me to see my progress. Best of all it's FREE! Good luck to all on your weight loss goals.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Well you can do it. I know it seems horribly difficult right now but I know you can. My husband is type 1 diabetes and he has been for well over 22 years. There are some tricks to living with diabetis if you would like to hear them. I can also tell you a few pitfalls you will need to know about.

I have the same problem with weight but mine does not fluctuate to much. I do have 3 kids though and a busy life right now. I work at a school with kinder's all day.

jltwedell@msn.com

Best of luck,
    Eve
  • blkgvn
    blkgvn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I find that the more Nice comments I hear from people, for example " Wow you are looking great, how much weight have you lost?' or "Whatever you are doing keep up the good work". I take in all of those nice commentsas I get them, write them down on a piece of paper, and then I stick them in a safe spot, when I find it hard to stay on track I open up my lsit of nice comments and that puts me right back on track...... Female - 33 yrs old and have lost 39 pounds to this date- started May 1st ( but joined myfitnesspal in Aug) and have 30 pounds more to lose..... Keep your chins up, stay positive, exercise daily, dont eat the junk and drink lots of good old H2O and you will see the results......