Couch 2 5K....anyone, anyone??

Options
klm78
klm78 Posts: 26 Member
Hello! This is my first week using MFP and Couch 2 5K. Is anyone else using these two programs in conjunction with one another? I'm trying to figure out the best way to count the calories burned. Should I just add up how many minutes were walked and jogged and then log them separately? I'm also alternating Jillian's 30 Day Shred, and let me tell you MY QUADS ARE KILLING ME!!! I'm super stoked about starting these programs, but unsure of how to log the exercises. Does anyone have any suggestions???

Replies

• jilllk84
    jilllk84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Figure out the time you spend on each and log each one individually. I have to do that when I move from the elliptical to the bike or walking the dog. You burn differently with each so I always want to make sure I get the correct credit for each. I want to do a 5k sometime soon myself- good luck to you on your journey!
  • jipper44
    jipper44 Posts: 111
    Options
    I did the Couch to 5k a couple years ago to get back into running, great program! I hope you enjoy it! I do a lot of different activities when I work out so I track my calories burned with a heart rate monitor/calorie counter watch. There are some reasonably priced ones out there and it will give you the calories burned based on your specific heartrate, measurements, etc. rather than an average person's calorie burn. When I log my workouts, I use a generic title and log the calories burned from my watch, then use the Exercise Notes to write down the specifics of my activities. The better information you can get, the better off you'll be :) GOOD LUCK!
  • garykorte
    garykorte Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor that also counts the calories you are burning and log it that way.
  • Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    Options
    I did the Couch to 5k a couple years ago to get back into running, great program! I hope you enjoy it! I do a lot of different activities when I work out so I track my calories burned with a heart rate monitor/calorie counter watch. There are some reasonably priced ones out there and it will give you the calories burned based on your specific heartrate, measurements, etc. rather than an average person's calorie burn. When I log my workouts, I use a generic title and log the calories burned from my watch, then use the Exercise Notes to write down the specifics of my activities. The better information you can get, the better off you'll be :) GOOD LUCK!

Heart rate monitor is the best bet on calories burned being calculated correctly. I did couch to 5K . . . great way to build up to running solid 5K's! Best of luck . .
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I do C25K and 30MS myself. I log them separately, I would love a HRM and will buy one soon.