On-the-go snacks

Options
I'm 5'10" and weigh 170 lbs. So I started logging my foods about a month ago and have lost almost 5 pounds. My goal is to get down to 155 lbs and have a flat stomach. I've been avoiding sweets/dessert and my workout routine consists of running 3-4 miles / every other day. Problem is, I'm always hungry! I think my metabolism has sped up because I have more energy throughout the day. My question is, what healthy snacks can I get on-the-go? Nothing in the vending machine is healthy. I've tried apples and bananas but they only put off my appetite for half an hour or so. I don't have time to eat 5 meals a day. What are some good on-the-go snacks? :smile:

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I like Fiber One bars, string cheese and walnuts...
  • LMPRF97
    Options
    trail mix
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    pre bag some baby carrots YUM!

Also 100 cal packs are awesome from Nabisco. Love the Mr Salty yogurt pretzels the best! <3
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I eat an apple with peanut butter or string cheese. Also greek yogurt with a banana. The combination of the protein, carb and fat keeps you fuller longer. Good luck.
  • Joaninha777
    Options
    Slim Fast Double Dutch Chocolate Bar, 100 Calories and they fill you up!
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i just tried snyders naturals veggie sticks. 1 serving is 2 cups and 140 cals.

edit. they are more like a a chip type snack though not too filling...
  • Andrea7701
    Andrea7701 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a good snack for in between meals.
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i always have 100 calorie packs of almonds in my pocketbook. They are very filling.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Dry cereal is good too, mini wheats or cheerios or something...and a water bottle
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Go to the grocery store and get some of those little 100 calorie Ziploc baggies:
    Try peanuts, almonds, cashews
    Carrots, celery, green peppers
    Olives
    Cheese Cubes
    String Cheese
    Sliced cucumbers
    Granola
    Special K cereal: add in some dried fruit... eat it like a snack dry
    Drink a bottle of water with every snack
    Yogurt
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Try your apple with peanut butter

Good luck & keep up the great work!
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    My go-to's...almonds, Special K Protein Bars, yogurt, fruit (mostly apples and bananas), cereal in a baggie, Special K crackers, string cheese...
  • cbrazell7483
    cbrazell7483 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Almonds are filling, sometimes the serving size is 15-20, im good with 10-12 right before i goto bootcamp or thinkin about eating lunch early because im hungry, i end up eating lunch 2 hours later because food isnt on my mind anymore after the almonds. Just a thought!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You should be looking for snacks with protein and/or fiber in them:

fruit and nut mixes - i make my own at home
    granola - I really like the bare naked fit triple berry crunch
    kashi granola bars
    kashi cereal bars
    south beach diet fiber fit smores bars
    mini clif bars
    vita tops or vita brownies
    reduced fat cheese - I love the cracker barrel 2% extra sharp cheddar
    dry cereal is good too - wheat chex, cinnamon cheerios, go lean crunch
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The almonds in the 100 calorie pack are very helpful for me.
  • monicaP413
    Options
    Drink more water. I drink more water while I eat and it fills me up more. If you get hungry, drink a bottle of water and some almonds. That's what I do and it seems to work.
  • gokate1
    Options
    Nabisco 100 calorie packs

Luna protein bar (I love love love the cookie dough and the cherry chocolate almond...180 calories and 12g protein)

Take half of a banana (55 cals) and a tblsp of nutella (100 cals) and make chocolate covered bananas! (these are pretty good on the go if you put them in the freezer for about 20 minutes to let them harden)

26 Rold Gold pretzels and a tblsp of nutella is 150 cals

Chobani greek yogurt (ranges from 140-160 calories and is very high in protein and is in my opinion the best yogurt there is)

Blueberries always fill me up for some reason

Take a slice of prosciutto ham and some mozzarella basil laughing cow cheese...I forget how many calories but it's not bad!
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I can relate, I feel like my appetite is always fired up. Lol But I eat about 5 or 6 times a day. 3 meals and 3 small snacks. Pure protein bars are amazing and they’re super cheap compared to a lot of other bars. 180-200 calories, 3-5g of sugar, and 18-20g protein. I always eat a ton of nuts or trail mix and have a piece of fruit a couple hours later too.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I think it is worth figuring out what fills you up is it protein?fiber?fat? For different people different answers.
    For me protein thus protein bars,light string cheese, hard boiled eggs, jerky ect